“Short break away”
Review of Trefloyne Manor

Trefloyne Manor
Ranked #7 of 53 Tenby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We booked in here fairly last minute as we were struggling to get a superior room in any of the hotels in the centre of Tenby. As it turned out this was a very good move because Trefloyne Manor did not disappoint in any way and turned out to be surprisingly close to the centre of Tenby anyway.
We booked a luxury room for two nights and were very impressed with all that Trefloyne had to offer. The staff were professional and friendly, the room was stunning and the grounds of the manor were lovely, though it helped that we managed to get some Tenby sunshine whilst there.
Breakfast was superb, especially the cooked breakfast which for us was done to perfection. We particularly liked being able to choose what we wanted from the cooked breakfast menu rather than just being given a full English breakfast.
Our room was cleaned and restocked for our second night which was greatly appreciated.
Overall we were well impressed with Trefloyne Manor.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My husband booked us a suite here as a birthday surprise for me and what a lovely surprise it was! Stunning location with beautiful views. We stayed in room 7 which had the bed upstairs and a very spacious bathroom and lounge area downstairs. The room was spotless and immaculate. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was superb! All staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was equally superb with plenty of options. Would highly recommend! I'll be dropping hints to stay here again for our anniversary in September!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rjm2013
Reviewed 25 July 2017

we sat outside because it was so warm. and the atmosphere was peaceful. FOR my starter I had quailseggs with asparagus which was delicious. main course was plaice served with a fish sauce that complemented the dish perfectly. vanilla and orange cheesecake to finish. the staff were friendly and we had a very enjoyable evening.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Booked here as had friends visiting and wanted somewhere nice for lunch . Setting surroundings are lovely. STAFF WERE SUPERB ....that's where it ends . Food VERY disappointing , desserts nice but mains such a dissapointment . Staff acted immeadiatley to our complaint which was rectified on the spot so top marks for customer service . wouldn't eat here again. Oh and when we are trying to have a lovely lunch in a lovely place it wasn't nice to have the staff cleaning windows whilst trying to enjoy lunch ! There's a time to clean and it's not whilst customers are eating . Again, all credit goes to staff .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
infoT2342RL, General Manager at Trefloyne Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us at Trefloyne. Good or bad we need to know about every customer experience. We are really disappointed that you didn't enjoy your lunch experience with us and if possible can you please call me on 01834 842165 to discuss this matter.

As you can see by our other reviews about our food this really isn't the norm and would like the opportunity to put things right.

I have spoken with my staff and passed on your nice comments about the way they handled the situation, but I would like a little bit more information from you so that I can get to the bottom of the issues you had.

If you would like to email me your number so that I can contact you my email address is tom.beynon@trefloyne.com.

Kind regards
Tom Beynon
General manager

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Had a one night stay in Tenby and booked Billycan. Rang them to book a table for dinner three times and couldn't get through. Emailed to book table and no response. So - looked elsewhere and loved the look of Trefloyne Manor. Arrived late afternoon and delighted by the very friendly welcome by a lovely lady with blond hair and an older lady with her on reception. So unusual to be greeted with such enthusiasm and friendliness. Look after these two ladies Trefloyne Manor - they are your greatest asset.

We were shown to the room and although it was quite impressive initially we quickly noticed that it was tired and in need of TLC. We had paid extra for a roll top bath at the mezzanine level but were quite disappointed. Why take away all the light from the room to accommodate a bath which could have easily been placed below either in the room between the bathroom and the bedroom or in the bedroom itself. Also why have two showers and only one washbasin. I think a man designed these rooms.

We had dinner but were quite irritated by all the golfers who were sitting at big tables and commandeering the whole room,. Loud conversation. Silly chat. Would be better if there was a separate dining area for hotel guests, with candles and lovely music. When you are paying £130 for a room with breakfast you would like a little bit of exclusivity.

Breakfast was not great. Not much in the way of options from the buffet and nothing great about the presentation of the poached eggs and smoked salmon which I had.

I love a coffee first thing in the morning but the coffee machine had not been turned early enough so we had to wait for that.

I have a B and B and I'm up every morning at 6 to turn on the coffee machine and make sure everything is ready for my guests. And I'm not charging anything like £130.

I usually only review places if I love them but felt I needed to say something about this place

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Extremely Clean rooms. Great service. Cooking staff went out of their way to make sure that our meals were extra special. All meals including breakfast were excellent. Fresh breads and croissants were freshly baked.

Room Tip: Stayed during a heat wave. So needed a fan to sleep comfortably in our Loft. Most hotels and B&...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We enjoyed a family holiday at Trefloyne Manor in their self catering accommodation named The Loft.
We enjoyed the accommodation and the beautiful surroundings and views! The Loft was just what we needed for the whole family - 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a lovely open plan kitchen/dining/living area.
The accommodation was clean and tidy and set in a beautiful location and it was great to have the hotel on the doorstep too - we popped over and enjoyed a drink in the bar on a few occasions! It was also nice to have the golf course on the doorstep (quite literally) - my Brother enjoyed a couple of rounds on some of the beautiful evenings we had during our stay. A great place to stay for our holiday and a great base to go out and about an explore.
The accommodation had everything you could need, except we could not find any oven gloves (which was a bit annoying as some of the family stayed in some nights as we had a little one and cooked - we managed and used a tea towel). We also found that the curtains in the bedrooms let a lot of light in and with the little one (18 months) made them struggle to go to sleep and made them wake up very early (4.30am) most mornings as they are used to thicker curtains. We thought as it stated when we booked that it was child friendly that this would be valuable feedback. We would have left this feedback but there was no book in the accommodation to leave reviews or feedback.
Overall the stay was excellent and we would certainly recommend!

Room Tip: Self Catering The Loft (sleeps 6)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family