“Lovely stay”
other travellers have booked this property
View from Clubhouse complex Summer time at 518 Haven Close
Lydstep Old manor House
View of Lydstep Beach & Bay from Headlands
Winter time at 518 Haven Close
Lydstep cliffs from bay
Headlands view  to the right of Clubhouse
St Catherines Island Tenby
Pembrokeshire summer evening sky
Pembrokshire sunset
Moonlit night in April
Full moon on Lydstep Bay
Springtime at Lydstep
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

fayeandto...
Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Thank you Helen for a lovely stay. We loved the caravan and enjoyed feeding the Robins and squirrels. Thank you for the wine, milk and eggs. Hope to return again soon. Very good value for money.

19 Aug 2018
Hi Faye & Toby. Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay & the visiting Robins & squirrels. Look forward to you having a second visit one day. Helen
Weetattie...
“Stay that didn't happen!”
Reviewed July 19, 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

Went to stay here for 4 nights and stayed for less than 4 hours. Had travelled 10 hours to be there from Scotland and had bought perishable food to keep in the fridge on our arrival to Tenby. The reasons we did not stay:
Cobwebs on every ceiling

Black/dirty marks on toilet floor and behind toilet

Dirt/hair under beds and around all skirtings

Smelled if dampness

Numerous dead flies around skirting/carpet-see photo

Spiders nest in shower room - see photo

Dirty window sills

Cutlery drawer had bird seed in it??- see photo

Kitchen floor all crumbs around edges - see photo

Kitchen bin and skirting behind bin disgusting!- see photo

Kitchen table and chairs covered in ants but owner advised me to use the ant powder that she thought was under the sink

Flower stickers on walls which hid holes

Toilet seat rim black

Mattress on beds old and done

Contacted owner who asked me what I would like her to do about these issues!. Offered me another property but was told it was still to be cleaned. Surprisingly i declined. Then owner offered to come and clean the van we were in. We had 2 teenagers with us and this was 6pm at night. This would have been a mammoth task as you can see from photos. Owner assured me that my caravan had been cleaned that morning and everything listed above must have happened since she finished cleaning it a couple of hours before we arrived. Owner stated her son had helped her clean the van and that she should have checked his work. All this dirt and mess appearing In a few hours?? I don't think so.
I was also informed by Helen the owner that I was being a bit picky! The photos speak for themselves. We had to find other accomodation for ourselves and our 2 girls after 6pm which proved very difficult. We had to spend £150.00 On alternative accommodation for that night until other arrangements could be made and throw out all the perishable food we had bought. We had no idea where we were going to stay for the duration of our holiday. This was a nightmare!

I was given a full refund.

17 Aug 2018
Thank you for your review. I welcome all reviews good or bad as they can only help to provide the best experiences for guests, but they obviously have to be honest ,fair & accurate to give a balanced viewpoint. I have guests that come back year after year & they are always happy with the property ..I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, the other reviews speak for themselves.

When booking you mentioned that the purpose of your journey was to visit friends who lived in the Cardiff area. The review suggests that you travelled 10 hours solely to stay at the caravan.
Four hours after your arrival at 6.05pm I received a call from you saying that you were not happy with the caravan . As you called 5 minutes after the park reception had closed & all the staff had gone home I immediately made my way to the property in the hope rectifying any issues . However , on arrival you were vague & unable to say what you wanted me to do. I offered to have the caravan re-cleaned & you refused saying it was inconvenient. I then offered you alternative accommodation which you refused to even look at. With this in mind I was at a loss as to what you actually wanted me to do. So the only option was to offer you a full refund & ask you to vacate the park. which you did, leaving me to dispose of a quantity of alcohol bottles & rubbish which you had left . The park staff later complained to me about your attitude towards them .This confirms that it was in everyone's best interest that you left the park.
Robert K
“Perfect pet-friendly beach condo”
Reviewed May 10, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

The location is amazing. I hope we can come again next year. Very good contact with the owner. Thank you Helen for a nice and pleasant stay.

14 May 2018
Thank you Robert. Hope you can visit again soon.
Helen
Mr Barry...
“Relaxing homely warm friendly enviroment to spend a few days at.”
Reviewed December 7, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Lydstep haven is a lovely quiet tranquil place to stay . The caravan we stayed at was well equipped warm,homely and comfortable. The caravan was well situated with lovely views between the trees of Caldey Island. The welcome gift of milk,Tea,Coffee,wine and fresh eggs left by the owner Helen was a lovely and well appreciated welcome to the start of our stay. We will certainly ask to stay here again in the near future.

Lesley M
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Fab location and a great stay”
Reviewed December 7, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely weekend break. Lovely location, cosy accommodation. The weather was very cold, however, the accommodation soon warmed up. Very hospitable with provisions left - thank you. The reason I only gave 4 out of 5 was because the accommodation is tired in parts and needs decorating or upgrading.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

74ann
Llandrindod Wells, United Kingdom
“Fantastic week!!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Just got home from a fantastic week at 518 Haven Close. The caravan was really clean, comfortable and extremely well equipped. Helen is a fab hostess providing milk, eggs, loo roll, tea, coffee, sugar etc, really makes you feel welcome. The gated decking area was a godsend for my dogs as they were able to sit out without having to be tied up. The site is peaceful and friendly and has the most gorgeous private beach with beautiful views of Caldey Island......we didn't want to leave, especially the dogs

Thank you Helen you were a lucky find for me and I'm looking forward to going back next year. X

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing