All reviews lord street bubble bath helpful owners bottled water family room breakfast was delicious short walk main shops discount card hesketh park perfect hosts on arrival full english this lovely hotel would highly recommend this hotel recommend staying here small hotel
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Another very pleasant stay only this time with new hosts. The room was comfortable with adequate toiletries provided. The en-suite looked to have been recently refurbished with all new equipment. The service and the food were excellent. We look forward to the next time as it is so convenient for us - our elderly relative being literally one main road away.

Room tip: Rooms at the front might be noisier as the hotel is on a main road to the town centre.
2  Thank Steveelward
bowdenlodge, Owner at Bowden Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear that you appreciate your refurbished en-suite. We look forward to hosting you next time you are visiting your relative in town.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I took my family for a two night stay to celebrate my 80th birthday.
We could not fault the hotel and with luck would like to return in the future.
As soon as we walked in I new I had picked the right place.
The hotel is magnificent and so was the service.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank brian r
bowdenlodge, Owner at Bowden Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thank you for your review, it is lovely to hear that you had such a good stay here at The Bowden Lodge. It was our pleasure to host you and your family.
We look forward to hosting you all again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Excellent alll the way! 1st class accommodation, food, cleanliness and hospitality. Great location, walking distance to all amenties. Recommend it to all my family and friends.

Edith and Erica Muscat

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
bowdenlodge, Owner at Bowden Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear you had a 1st class stay.
It was our pleasure to host you both.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

What can I say.. nothing less than 1st class accommodation, food, cleanliness and amazing hosts from start to finish. Andy and Jane couldn’t do anymore to accommodate you. Plenty of choice for breakfast, the full English beautifully cooked. Only 5 mins walk to Lord st, Will be booking again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

It was our delight to host you and your family for such a special occasion.
It is lovely to hear you had such a fabulous stay.
We look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Bowden lodge hotel a couple of years ago & remembered what a good breakfast it was, so had no hesitation in staying there again, when i arrived I found it was under new management, I have to say that my overnight stay was as good if not better than last time I stayed, it is a very clean & well run establishment with very nice hosts, breakfast still top notch

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests.
So pleased that you had a pleasant stay here and that you really enjoyed our breakfast.