1,736 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

stayed here in July of last year. the rooms are dated and no work has been done in the building in a long time. At night over the weekend groups of teenagers were partying in the rooms. they kept comming in droves. Must of booked a couple of rooms and invited southport. definetly would not visit again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicola m
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Didn’t stay in the hotel as I was attending for an event so can’t comment on the rooms but I can comment on what I saw.
Firstly the car park - now I accept I drive a big car, I need it for carrying my stock but I have never had a problem parking it until I visited this hotel. After many manoeuvres I final got my car into a space (at times I had roughly 6” either end of my car to manoeuvre). Getting out was a repeat performance, if fact if the car behind hadn’t moved I would probably still be there now. Honestly it is the worst car park I’ve come across and yes I accept that when the hotel was built cars weren’t an issue but if you drive a big car I would really recommend finding somewhere else to park.
As for the interior of the hotel, or at least the bits I saw, the whole thing was dated. The ballroom, where our event was held, would have been stunning, in fact first impressions were good but once you started to look around you noticed just how tired it was and for me that’s sad as the room should have been a statement for the hotel if a little more care had been taken.
The staff I came across seemed as if they didn’t want to be there. Our lunch was supposed to have been served at 1pm but we didn’t get to eat until 1:40pm and I honestly felt as if we were putting the staff out. As for lunch, can’t fault the puddings as they really were delicious but the bread on the sandwiches was dry around the edges.
I can safely say that I will not consider attending another event at the hotel, unfortunately the car parking issues really did put me off. I do however hope that some money is put back into the hotel and the decor is returned to its former glory as it’s a crying shame to see it looking so tired.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank ColSal02
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Visited with a male disabled wheelchair user. Adequate facilities for the disabled apart from the lobby/ bar disabled bathroom, way too small if using a wheelchair, couldn't shut the door once inside, lift was also too small. We requested a ground floor room but located on the 2nd floor, no great problem as we managed as best we could! All the staff were friendly and helpful bar 1 (tina) rude, unhelpful and miserable but management informed by all in the hotel, so hopefully she will be spoken to! Shame 1 bad apple spoils it for the rest of the great staff. Rooms were adequate, spotlessly clean and comfortable beds. As care workers holidaying with service users we probably would return for a short break! Short only! Lol hotel is part of the brittania chain, not the best hotel chain, so we expected low standards!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank shirlthegirl43
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for the night to attend the air show - when we got there the car park was full so we had to park on the street. After checking in we went to our room and it was at least 40°c in the room - I went to open the window only to find it would only open approximately 2inches - instantly I knew we’d get no sleep that night. I went to reception to ask for a fan and they didn’t have any. On returning to the room at about 11pm the room was still the same so we just crashed on top of the duvet. Probably had about 3 hours of sleep on and off until the seagulls started.
We were that hot we decided to have a shower and then we found out it was freezing and there was no hot water in the bathroom - I phoned reception to be told they know and there’s a problem with the boilers so no shower. We turned on the tv only to find we had two channels that weren’t pixelating constantly. By the time the water heater came back on it was time to check out. I’m currently in the process of trying to get a refund because of all this plus the room & bathroom was very shabby.
Do not stay here even if it’s free !

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Beautiful building, not a great deal of on site parking (for which there is a hefty charge) but its in a very central location so there is other parking available. Requested a front facing room as it was a special occasion and got given a room with a side view. Quite a nice room but even so.......
Staff's attitude was appalling. Not one member of staff was polite. Every single one of them had an "im above you" attitude and treated us as if we were the lowest of the low. Absolutely appalling behaviour.
Also breakfast left a LOT to be desired. No hash browns. Horrid tea. Very little choice to be honest. Would have been better going to a cafe down the road and might have got treated with a bit more civility.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple