All reviews discount card chocolate bar host michael usb charging lord street honesty bar home from home full english excellent hosts previous owners fantastic holiday single room bars and restaurants breakfast was excellent hospitality tray lovely room air show
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Only stayed the one night in a single room (room 7). Room was nice and clean with plenty of storage. The bed was lovely and comfy.
Michael was very welcoming and helpful. He was happy to store my bicycle over night and let me have breakfast (which was excellent) at an earlier time than usual which i really appreciated.
I also made use of the discount card provided which you can use at many restaurants.
Very reasonably priced when I compared with other b and b’s, would highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Michael F, Owner at The Braemar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Hi Helen and thanks for the lovely review

I hope you didn't get too wet on your cycle home and I am glad you had a good time at The Braemar.

I would definitely recommend that you stay longer next time, so that you can enjoy all the other benefits that Southport has to offer.

01704 535838

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a family room which was very comfortable and quiet good selection of tea coffee biscuits ,nice on suite and television ,the owner was lovely could not do enough for us ,I would highly recommend this as a perfect place to stay .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Michael F, Owner at The Braemar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Hi Clare and thanks for your lovely review

I'm glad that you had a great stay at The Braemar and look forward to seeing you all again

01704 535838

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Our party of seven had a special stay at the Braemar this March.
Apart from all the usual amenities that everyone else has mentioned—Features like
Comfy cosy rooms, and good heating..lots of hot water...convenient location (walk from trains).... good natured..and so safe—the proprietors were a cut above. Extremely solicitous..making sure we were well attended to and leaving us alone when appropriate..they cooked pretty much A La Carte breakfasts and spoiled us rotten! We were so pleasantly well fed it started the days sweetly..especially as the UK was in the grip of another relentless cold spell..even a blizzard! Yet this little well located gem was constantly buzzy with happy guests.
Thank you Michael!!

Room Tip: Upstairs quieter...downstairs convenient for big cases!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Michael F, Owner at The Braemar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you ever so much for your kind words.

Obviously it has been a lot warmer here since then, but even so, my staff and I always try to make guests feel at home and relaxed so that they can enjoy what The Braemar and Southport has to offer, despite the weather!!

I hope that you are able to come and see us again in the future and I wish you every best wish for the future.

Please pass on my regards to the rest of your group and please pass on the good news that I have had the all clear following my treatment.

Best wishes

The Braemar

Reviewed August 6, 2018

When we arrived rather early Mike can out to greet us and told us we where welcome to come to our room as it was ready my car has been playing up and Mike offered to help as it happened it was ok our room was first floor twin really comfy we got our key which had adiscount pass we were given a list of a list of places to eat and visit where we got 10% discount which was great our room was so comfy just like home in fact but better bed than home lol we came in and out as we pleased after trip round Southport and visit to pub we went in to the lounge and had crisps and chocolats as we had munchies Sunday breakfast was cooked by Mike it was very large but we just chose what we wanted that was fine too Mike let us leave the car on the front while we shipped in Lord at just few steps away from the braemar which was brill overall great time had made better by the stay in this hotel thanks to Mike

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Margaret and thanks for the great review

I am glad that you managed to use the discount card, it has definitely proved very popular and the best discount obtainable by one group of guests was 50% off the bill. Guests also like the fact the we are so close to all the local amenities and the train station.

Hopefully you will come and stay at The Braemar again soon to enjoy all the other benefits that Southport has to offer.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Friendly helpful proprietor who goes the extra mile to make you feel comfortable who is also very knowledgeable about the area. Interesting but nice decor. Fantastic location with off street parking. Very clean and good value for money. Thankyou Michael for the wonderful time we spent in you B&B.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Michael F, Owner at The Braemar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hi Lyn

You are most welcome and thanks for staying with us.

Come and stay with us again soon - Southport has so much more to offer.

Best wishes