“Friendly pub”
Review of The Botwell Inn

The Botwell Inn
Ranked #15 of 110 Restaurants in Hayes
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: British pub just off the heart of Hayes, serving good food and drink. A plethora of ales, lagers, craft beers and ciders, alongside helpful friendly staff is what makes us the best in Hayes. We are once again included in the Good Beer Guide and are Cask Marque accredited.
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Lovely pub but could do with a refurb. Staff friendly and never had bad food would of given a 5 but toilets up two lots of stairs not good after a night out.

BotwellManager, Manager at The Botwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

I love this review, yes the stairs can be annoying but I always think I'm working off those meals/ drinks going up there :) Thank you for taking the time to review and hope we can continue to please you!

Reviewed July 4, 2016

Used the Botwell Inn for quite a while friendly staff, well kept beers and lagers, the big downside is the quality of food, it has gone way down hill, we ate today but quality disappointing, will probably give the food a miss for a while. Other pubs in the Group have much better food preparation with the same menu.

1  Thank dharris55
Sarah C, Manager at The Botwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Thank you for your review, please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you. Since your visit in July, The Botwell Inn has recruited a new pub manager and team who have vastly improved the quality of the food and drink we serve here. I hope that you might return in the near future and let us prove to you how much the pub has changed. We look forward to seeing you again in the future :)

Reviewed July 3, 2016

Staff doing their best but couldn't or wouldn't control extremely loud visitors from the travelling community. Also toilets very dirty - only one cubicle clean at 10.07 despite being signed off at 10 pm! Told a member of staff that this review would be made and that I didn't blame him - it was down to management. Not sure how long this pub will survive - maybe it shouldn't! Shame.

3  Thank Carol H

Thank you for your review, please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you. Since your visit in July last year, The Botwell Inn has recruited a new pub manager and team who have vastly changed the general quality of the pub. Our toilet facilities are checked by trained members of our FOH team and management, by the hour, which has proved to raise the standards drastically. We do from time to time encounter loud or disruptive groups of people, which are dealt with appropriately by the management team so not to disrupt other customers. I hope that our team/staff turnover may entice you to re-visit the pub and allow us to prove to you that we have made some substantial changes to the place. We look forward to seeing you again in the future :)

Reviewed June 6, 2016

Came along with my mum, Nan and 5 month old son for steak night. I've been here a couple of times, great atmosphere and most of the regulars like to have a good chat. Unfortunately on this occasion I felt like the female staff took an instant dislike to me. Went up to the bar with my Nan to place an order. I fancied the mixed grill. Only problem was I don't eat lamb, which is served along with the steak and gammon. I asked if I could just have the lamb taken off and swap it for something else...whether that would be more chips or anything. The girl that was serving me was happy to swap the lamb. But the other girl behind the bar said no they don't usually swap things. She said she'd check with the chef. She came back 30 seconds later to say no and looked quite happy saying it. I work in a pub myself and know for a fact that as a server you can swap things to cater for your customers needs. And me wanting to swap my lamb is cost effective, as lamb is an expensive meat. My Nan wasn't very happy with how the girl was with me.....being that it hasn't been long since I had my baby I thought it was me just being hormonal and that I'd imagined her bei a bit rude to me. It really put a downer on my night. Needless to say my family and I have been put off of coming here again :(

3  Thank Lisa D
BotwellManager, Manager at The Botwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Hi Lisa, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience and I'm sorry about your recent visit. I'd like to discuss this issue more with you, if you're willing to provide further feedback, if so please ask for a member of the management team on 02088483112.
Congratulations on your baby :) and sorry again about how you felt you were treated.

Reviewed June 5, 2016

Wetherspoons conversion of a former shop frequented mainly by locals, many of whom are regulars. Offers the usual 'spoons formula of well kept ale and good value food, without intrusive background music. Ideal for enjoying a relaxing pint with a book or being able to hold a conversation without having to shout to be heard. Pub has a 5 food hygiene rating and is listed in the Good Beer Guide for it's real ale. Staff are helpful and the place is well kept with tables being cleared efficiently. Doesn't tend to get too overcrowded, so you can expect get a seat and not have to fight your way to the bar.

Thank you JohnBoy! It's great to hear your thoughts and I'm glad you enjoy your time here. Hopefully we'll see you again soon for some food and ale!