“Good value in Stirling”

and 1 more site!
Lost Guest House
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This is the 2nd time we stayed at Terraces and it was another good experience. While the original room assigned to us was indeed small (Room nr 5 as mentioned by other reviewers) - the hotel gave us another bigger and nicer room without any problem. Very nice bathroom as well and a good breakfast. Will stay here again when visiting Stirling.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights sat 12th and Sun 13th of november,We had our large breed dog with us (Scottish deerhound),And we were made to feel more than welcome,The room was comfortable and clean and tastefully decorated.
The breakfast was lovely,especially the blackpudding.
The staff were very plesant and polite.The good thing also about this hotel is that is ony a short walk into town,Would recomend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I cannot speak to the hotel rooms or service, but my wife and I ate at their restaurant our last night in Stirling and were really floored with how wonderful the food was. I had the chef's "blaggis" (a mix of haggis and blood sausage) and she the chicken skewers. Both were absolutely wonderful. The apple tart dessert was also quite good, and the service was very friendly and prompt. The prices were very reasonable as well.

Definitely worth a try if you have a couple days in Stirling.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We have just returned from a Murder Mystery Evening which was entertaining. The dinner was excellent. The room we had was lovely and had everything necessary. The majority of the staff were very nice. Perhaps one of the receptionists needs a little more training in the 'welcome' that guests expect when arriving at a hotel. However this did not spoil our stay at the hotel and how nice to have your breakfast cooked when you order it and not have to choose from a hot buffet.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Hotel was ok I've stayed in nicer B&B's to be honest. First impressions were good with the receptionist that dealt with us very pleasant and cheery. Suspect stains on the bed throw was a wee bit nasty. Our main gripe was when we wanted to go for a cigarette at 12.30 we were greeted by a surly older night porter, who told us that he couldn't keep opening the door. I'm sorry but if i want to go out and have a cigarette then I should be able to I thought i was booking a Hotel not a weekend in the cells. Apart from that it we had a lovely couple of days in Stirling.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Timothy C
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We have just returned from a one night stay here. We booked this as a last minute trip through Booking.com on a bed and breakfast basis. We had stayed here before two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were happy with our room this time also which was reasonably sized and clean and we had a lovely welcome from the young receptionist. Our only disappointment was the attitude of the staff at breakfast. We were told as it was a bank holiday in the area that breakfast would be served until 10am as opposed to 9am. We entered the dining room at 9.35am and sat at a vacant table as there were no staff present in the dining room at this point to show us to a table. When one of them did come in she stood at the door and shouted across to us to sit at a table at the other side of the room which had been set for breakfasts. We felt like a couple of naughty school children as everyone in the dining room looked up and stared at us as we made our way to the other table. We placed an order for a full Scottish breakfast. After our order was taken we noticed on the menu that we could have our eggs cooked to our preference. The waitress did not ask us how we would like our eggs cooked when she took our order. When she returned to the dining room my husband asked her if we could have our eggs scrambled and her reply was to 'tut' and said our order had already been taken. This was literally 2 minutes previously. She did say she would check with the kitchen. She came back and informed us that our eggs had already been cooked and we would need to accept a fried egg. We could not believe the attitude but did not say anything else. Our breakfasts did not arrive at our table until a good ten minutes later. It does not take 10 minutes to cook a fried egg and we feel the staff did not treat our needs as guests as a priority. A couple of eggs could have easily been scrambled in the time it took for our breakfasts to arrive at our table. As we were the last guests left in the dining room another member of staff who I took to be a supervisor came in and told the waitress to hurry up and reset the tables as she needed the tables quickly. I feel this was said for our benefit to hurry up and leave the dining room. The same supervisor checked us out and never once asked how our stay was. I think she knew at that point we were not happy. It was a disappointing end to an otherwise enjoyable stay. I definately wont be staying again as I am not paying for the privilage of being treated like a naughty school child!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I have seen other reviews for this hotel that said the rooms were a little on the small side, but it has been my experience on the few hotels I stayed at while visiting Scotland that rooms are predominantly on the small side in comparison to rooms in N. America. But that is part of the charm. The buildings have that old-world charm and character and I like that. I will gladly take charm over the lifeless behemoth hotels we have here in Canada and the States. Just to let you know...in this hotel, there are actually some larger suites with more room than you will know what to do with! Just ask...

This hotel is well situated in terms of location. There were plenty of decent restaurants close by as the hotel is located within a short walking distance of the commercial district. Banks, shopping, pubs, you name it...it's all there. Plus...and this is a REAL plus....you are a short walk through very cool historic streets to Stirling Castle, Argyll House, the Old Jail, the Cathedral and Cemetary (which was very picturesque) and all the other main attractions that you WANT to see.

The hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant, the room we had was very comfortable and clean, the hotel itself was quiet, and heated towel racks were a nice touch. There was very little that I could say in a negative light about this hotel...except for the shower. Woefully underpowered describes it best. I had to run around to get wet! Haha...

Minor details when you look at the overall picture. My visit to Stirling was the highlight of my trip to Scotland and that partially due to this hotel. Had a comfortable place to stay...saw some amazing attractions...and had a great time at an excellent pub. What more can a guy ask for?

Room Tip: Ask for the suite downstairs...it is the one in the pics with the green and blue tartan carpet and t...