“Florida visits Scotland”
Review of Castlecroft

Castlecroft
Ranked #1 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We had a brief, but wonderful stay at Castlecroft. Laura was very gracious and made sure we knew our way around town and how to get to all the main attractions. She provided recommendations for dinner to make sure we knew where to find the best food...and it didn't disappoint. The room was cozy, clean and very quiet, which is exactly what we needed after a long flight from the US. I would highly recommend this lovely place for anyone visiting Stirling.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoriAO

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This is definitely the best b&b we have ever stayed in. .the lounge was superb with wonderful panoramic views. our bedroom was spacious, light and again with great views. The en suite was perfect. couple all that with a super breakfast and a great hostess(Laura) and it says it all,......just wonderful. The visitors book signed by people from all around the world echoed these sentiments.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank andymelville
Reviewed 15 October 2012

WE dont normally use B&B's so relied on recommendations on Trip advisors.
The reviews we read were all correct...... superb location/room/ breakfast.
Laura and her mum were most helpful and interesting

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oscar933
Reviewed 11 October 2012

What a wonderful place! Laura and her mother were so warm and welcoming -- Castlecroft deserves the excellent ratings they have earned. We were greeted and made to feel right at home. Laura gave us an excellent map and some good recommendations for dinner out. The location cannot be beat and the house is so clean, warm and comfortable. We had a great night's sleep and an excellent breakfast in the morning. We walked up to the castle and to town directly from the B&B along a beautiful, tree lined trail. We only stayed one night but had we known what a pleasant experience it would be to stay here, we would have stayed longer. Would definitely say this B&B was the best we stayed in during our entire visit to Scotland!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pasofan667
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Superlatives might not do justice here. Right under Stirling Castle lies Laura's B&B called Castlecroft. What made it special? Laura's welcome? the sunshine? Its location? or all of the above. Laura made me feel at home in her home. She offered me a cup of tea and a sit and chat before I went off to explore Stirling but I thought I better see Stirling before the next rain shower so I declined. She gave me an excellent map to get me to most of what I wanted to see and hints how to get there quicker. When I returned and after my room was available after cleaning it matched my expectation, tastefully decorated and very well presented. Why not: this was Laura's house and it showed. I met her mother who was sitting in the sun on the patio under the castle, as one does when one is in Stirling. I did partake in afternoon tea as did other returning guests and we met and chatted. Amazingly some of my fellow guests were Australians as well so off to dinner we went to one of Laura's recomended places. Nothing but the best. My fellow diners had decided to extend their stay with Laura, but that probably is not that unusual given my experience. Would I stay again, try to stop me!!!

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor facing the castle and it was perfect!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Backhome1012
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Laura is just born to be a B&B hostess - warm, friendly, helpful - and a good cook! Her home is beautiful, and you feel at home in it. Lovely room, good location (you'll find several good walks around it, up to the castle and down into the town), good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorraine L
Reviewed 30 September 2012

After spending three very enjoyable nights, We heartly recommend the Castlecroft. It was the perfect combination of hospitality and location. Laura was the perfect hostess and was very helpful with planning our days. The location was perfect-within walking distance of the Castle and the town. Hope to return to Scotland and Castlecroft someday as we have many castles to visit especially the elusive Castle Campbell. Thanks again Laura

John Gillis