“Good central location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
17 Hallgarth Pickering
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Caroline...
Selby, England, United Kingdom
“Good central location”
Reviewed May 10, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Needed a pet friendly rental in Pickering. The location was good with private parking. Please note this is at the rear of the property on Whitby Road... not completely easy to locate which was the right entrance. Look for Sage green wooden gates which fold back . My small car fitted and I could close and bolt the gates at night. A much larger car may struggle but you are still off the road. There are steps up from the car space into to a pretty, gated and secluded garden with outdoor seating provided near to the back door. There is a tiny pond which is not easy to see so one would need to watch very small children. The garden is filled with birds and I discovered this also included a sparrow hawk which managed to catch a sparrow on the lawn. There were a number of steps down to the property. I would advise taking luggage through front door if you can get parked in Hallgarth and then move the car to the back later. There is no front door key only rear key so access the property first then you can unlatch the front door, otherwise its a lot of walking up and down steps with your bags....unless you travel very light, which I do not. The property is decorated in a "cottagy" and welcoming style. Bedrooms one double on first floor and a twin on second floor. All bedrooms are very roomy, double bed comfy no back problems . Bathroom smallish but adequate with separate electric show, Bath itself quite short and narrow a tall/wide person would struggle. Shower modern and roomy. Kitchen was well equipped everything you would need. Welcome pack provided but I didn't use most of it/passed it on to someone else cos I'm a vegan, something for the dog also included. Quibbles very personal to me I don't like air fresheners or pot pourri, others may, but I dislike the smell and the stairs if you struggle with stairs you may find these tiring after a while, I have arthritis definitely not suitable for those with limited independent mobility. Also take care when pulling out of the drive because you have three streams of traffic to take into account.

Your age range 50-64
11 May 2017
Thank you for your very detailed review. Our cottage is Grade II listed and very traditional which is why we mention in all our advertising that the property has steps and restricted access and may not be suitable for people with limited mobility. We also mention the pond and the garden and the fact that the bedrooms are over two floors so that people can make an informed choice. I appreciate that the parking space can be challenging for some guests however as private parking for holiday properties is very rare in Pickering it is usually seen as a positive. I find that it is easier to reverse in and drive out. I realise it can sometimes be hard to find which is why I put a picture of what to look for on my listing. I will however in the future automatically include exact directions when confirming access so thank you for your feedback on that. I provide a back door key only in the keysafe for initial access following an incident where guests tried to fit all the keys in the keysafe on departure and jammed it so badly that we had to break it off the wall. The keysafe is situated at the rear as that is where the parking is and two full sets of keys are provided in the kitchen. You are the second guest to have been unable to enjoy the welcome basket due to dietary preferences/allergies so I will add the question when confirming a booking. Thank you for your valuable feedback. I hope that my response has clarified your points and despite the niggles I hope that overall you enjoyed your stay.
David O
“Very cosy cottage in perfect location”
Reviewed May 7, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Deceptively spacious cottage in perfect location for all town amenities. Lovely secluded garden and safe off road parking plus and very pleasant welcome hamper.
Will certainly return.

8 May 2017
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Culture67...
“FANDABBYDOZEY..”
Reviewed April 2, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

From the moment we walked in, my husband said 'I/we could live here' and that's before we even looked at all of it..We truly felt it was a home from home and that we just settled in straight away. There was also the lovely thought of a super hamper, to greet us.
Nothing was missing, the beds /pillows were so comfortable. With amenities right on the doorstep. Yet far away for there to be any loud or disturbing noises. Perfect setting with a beautiful garden even a small pond with frogs and spawn, and endless amount of little birds all enclosed and private off road parking , if you couldn't find space at the front of the house.
Ideal for visiting literally everywhere, already booked for next year and if ever we have the opportunity of going for 2 weeks we would without hesitation. Nothing too much trouble for Heather (the owner) if we had any queries.
A dream weeks holiday in an amazing cottage. Photos don't do it justice, it's big!!
Perfection !! :o)

4 Apr 2017
What can I say except thank you for your review and your kind and positive words about our cottage. I try very hard to give my guests a 'home from home' and I am so pleased that you felt that this was true. I look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Joeliz1
uk
“Immaculate welcoming cottage.”
Reviewed February 3, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

This was our third stay in the cottage and it is now always our first choice when staying in Pickering.
The booking process is very easy and Heather is extremely friendly and helpful.
The cottage is immaculately presented, warm and homely. Lovely welcome pack provided on arrival. It has a pretty little garden which is perfect for our small dog.
The cottage is in a excellent quiet position and only a short walk into town. Very useful private car park at the rear of the property or on street parking to the front.
Pickering has lots of little shops, cafes and restaurants.
My family and I high highly recommend this delightful little cottage.

4 Feb 2017
Thank you very much for your review and your very kind comments. I am so glad that you enjoy staying in our cottage and want to return. I try very hard to provide my guests with a home from home and always work to keep standards high. I hope very much to welcome you and your family again in the future.
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

16 Jan 2017
Thank you for such a positive review. When I was setting up the cottage I tried very hard to provide all the items that I liked to find in a property based on many years of staying in self catering properties myself. I cater for a diverse range of guests but try hard to provide what each individual group need. I think that it is this flexibility which I would state as a reason for keeping the separate shower and bath. It was already fitted when we bought the cottage and as I felt that it made good use of a challenging space while providing everything needed I saw no reason to change it. That said I am always very happy to have feedback from guests as it is invaluable for me as an owner in order to continue to keep the cottage attractive to the people who stay in it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and would be delighted to welcome you back.
Pauline M
Bothel, Cumbria UK
“A week in Pickering”
Reviewed November 23, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

A lovely, clean,cosy cottage. When we arrived we found a welcome basket and milk awaiting us. Though the weather hasn't been so good the cottage is cosy and warm. Our dog also likes the property but it would have been good if there had been a gate so we could let her out in the garden by herself.

24 Nov 2016
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the cottage was cosy despite the wintery weather. I try very hard to make it as homely and comfortable as possible.
Thank you for you very useful comment regarding the gate. Although the large gates can be shut we realise that this isn't always possible with a car there. You will be glad to know that I have got the joiner pencilled in to fit an additional gate as part of our annual improvements, this will be done over the next few weeks now that we have got some time between bookings.
I hope very much that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Reviewed November 18, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Plenty of space
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Nov 2016
Thank you for your review. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in our cottage. We aim to create a home from home for our guests and look forward to welcoming you back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing