US$75
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$115
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

Beansheaf(Pickering)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
US$89
US$85
Official Site
Vale of Pickering Caravan Park(Pickering)(Great Value!)
US$24
Pitchup.com
All reviewsrosedale abbeyoverlooking the valleythe pubglorious viewschimney banksuperior roombooked a tablean overnight staystunning locationsunday lunchbeautiful roomshort staylog firereturn visitwarm welcomehigh standardyorkshire moors
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Quality accommodation good evening meal and a great choice at breakfast.
Staff were very good and the bar was a great place to meet up. Excellent location with superb views. Large car park. Great location for walking and cycling.
Thank you for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We visited this very busy pub/hotel/restaurant on the BH Sunday, and had the roast beef, which I have to say didn't live up to its promise in the description on the menu. Not very good I'm afraid. We were served by a charming and efficient young lady, but she failed to transmit our order for cheese and biscuits to the kitchen, we had to ask twice where it was. When it finally arrived, however, it was very good.
The place itself looks like it could do with a bit of updating decor wise, it's a bit dark and gloomy.
Try to visit on a sunny day, sit outside and enjoy the fantastic views over Rosedale, which is a very pretty village.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
WhiteHorseFarmInn, Manager at White Horse Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your Sunday Lunch and the time it took to receive your cheese and biscuits, i recall speaking to you when you paid your bill and was of the understanding that all was well. However no excuses on our part we are genuinely sorry not to have fulfilled your expectations and apologise for that wholeheartedly.
We would welcome the opportunity to rectify matters should you choose to visit us again.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

We arrived early hoping just to leave car and go and explore. We approached man and said we have two rooms booked and before we had a chance to say didn't expect them to be ready he abruptly said won't be ready yet. So first impression not very good. We went out came back checked in. Man told a woman to show me rooms she gave me keys said through there no information on breakfast or towel use nothing actually. Went downstairs for our dinner service very very slow and the ipads were just a joke for poor waitress trying to put order on. Food was average had a much nicer meal at the coach inn next night. Next morning coffee machine broke so didn't get another coffee when asked lady never offered to get one from kitchen although others were. Breakfast were nice but mixed up our order and were only giving white toast although we asked for mixed. The breakfast other than cooked were very limited selection. After breakfast didn't come back until bed time. This was our major complaint as I said early no towel rules so we used night before and I put mine and girls in bath my husband and son in other room put theirs on floor. When we arrived back mine had been took out bath and left folder on beds they were still soaking. My husband's towels had be hung on radiator which wasn't on. He took them all down to bar and this is first time we were told towel rule two days use however, as they were soaked we couldn't use and were given fresh ones. Next morning breakfast went better. Went up to room get ready for checkout I was sitting on edge of my bed and curtain pole hit me on my arm I have a lump where it hit. We went down to checkout told the man he was more concerned about guests arriving than me. I got are you ok and that's it before he rushed to check if he could fix it. Many places would of offered a discount after something like this I'm sure. One other thing the beds were very squeaky every time I moved in night it squeaked not ideal. They gave us Bill which had meal on from first night that my husband paid on night of meal after discussion we paid that they took it off we paid and left. We won't return again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelllley
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful drive over the North Yorkshire Moors and then down into Rosedale. WHFI is situated half way up the moor. From the front of the property there is amazing views.
A warm welcome from the staff. The bar has a good selection of gins and great real ales.
Good restaurant menu, food presented nicely and is a step above the usual pub menu.
The room was immaculate with glorious views across the dale.
No mobile phone signal (heaven!)
But excellent free wifi throughout the property.
Great position to explore the surrounding area by foot, bike or car.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I stayed here with my husband over two nights. The White Horse is in amazing grounds, overlooking fantastic views.
The rooms are good, and all that you need. The staff were so friendly and helpful, at all times.
Food was good, and plentiful - go with hungry tummies. There are plenty of menu choices for all. The wine menu is great, and the bar is fully stocked for every palate. A good choice of speciality drinks, especially the gins.

I would highly recommend, for either a drop in, or for a relaxing trip away. We will defiantly be going back.

Room Tip: Roy for the front, as the views are great
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
WhiteHorseFarmInn, Manager at White Horse Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words and positive review, it is very gratifying for us all when we fulfill our guests expectations, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.