All reviews birthday meal beer garden bouncy castle for sunday lunch booked a table fish and chips duck potted shrimps children's play area cooked to perfection lovely food first class varied menu waiting staff top quality well worth a visit afternoon tea
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Not visited here for a while because we have previously been disappointed. Things seemed to have changed for the better now.
Lunched here with friends. Staff are all very friendly, v patient .
Whitebait starter was very good as were the prawn special.
Chicken and ham cobbler was excellent, others had fish/ roast beef, all reported to be very good.
Nice, pleasant ambiance, will definately come back again soon.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

I and a friend went for a meal on Saturday night, initially there wasn't anywhere to sit before our table was ready and no bar stools but once we got our table the service was very attentive and the food was excellent. In particular the sticky toffee pudding was perfect, and very possibly the best I have ever tasted, if I'd not been so polite I would have licked my plate !!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Went for a meal on Saturday 17th March at 8.00pm 5 adults we arrived at 7.45 and if I'm honest, the only thing I really enjoyed was the company, my son in law and myself had the fish for mains, the starter was nice I had soup of the day, we didn't get the starters till 8.25 we also ordered 2 pints of Carlsberg, which in my opinion was far too cold, there was no taste to it because it was so cold, as for the main course that was piping hot, fish, chips and mushy peas the chips and peas were very nice, but the fish was greasy and wrapped in a napkin I think to soak up the extra grease however when I put my fork in the fish, grease splashed out on my suit and jumper, the fish tasted OK until my third mouthful and I found a bone, well that spoiled it straight away, but I carried on regardless and then I found two more bones, so I left it, my son in law also found some bones in his fish, but didn't want to leave it because it was our treat, once I told him it didn't matter he left his too we told the waitress and she said she would make a note of it and tell the chef, not wanting to make a fuss we agreed selected some desserts, payed the bill and left, we went there on someone else's recommendation, but I'm afraid I will not be recommending to anyone else, I can get fish, chips and mushy peas at Atkinsons Restaurant for half the price and boneless.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2018

My husband had booked this as a surprise Birthday treat as the Midland was full and we certainly were not disappointed. The room was beautiful,we had a great meal with plenty of choice of drinks & the service was second to none. We will definitely return!

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

The staff are absolutely brilliant!! A great example of hospitality/customer service at it's best.
Really clean and tidy rooms. If on a front room (as we were) road traffic is easily heard as not double glazed.
Food is over priced for the quality and portion size, but it is still nice for a Birthday treat (which was our reason for our stay).
We stayed in the WOODHOUSE suite which has a wetroom.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple