“Fantastic Christmas meal ”
Review of Hest Bank Inn

Hest Bank Inn
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Morecambe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal out at the Hest Bank last night. There were 12 of us, and we all very much enjoyed the food! We ate from the Christmas menu and enjoyed starters of soup, the Christmas slate, and the Salmon platter, all very ell presented and delicious. For the main course, most had either turkey or lamb, with perfectly cooked bowls of vegetables. The vegetarian option chosen was the mushroom and chestnut croute, which was thought to be one of the best Christmas meals my friend had eaten. I couldn't fault the turkey, and the lamb looked lovely. Some had room for desserts but I was too full! They all looked lovely though. I would highly recommend!!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed December 3, 2017

We have visited the Hest Bank Inn a few times before and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
Unfortunately this last visit was not very good.
A table was booked as a birthday celebration and we were seated in the lower dining room. It was not very warm and whilst the service was good the food was poor.
I ordered steak as did my daughters' boyfriend and even though we were asked how we wanted them cooked they both arrived looking grey without any 'griddle' marks and exactly the same, not looking like the steak in the website picture. I asked for rare and the other medium.
I should have sent the meal back but did not want to upset my wife who had booked the meal.
I felt let down and when asked my wife gave a similar opinion.
We did wonder whether it was because it was a busy night and if we return it will be mid week as opposed to weekend.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Old coaching inn. Stop off for the trip across the Sands to Kents Bank/Grange Over Sands. 1 st floor room has windows all round three sides. It’s where they placed a lantern to guide travellers in the dark.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

we booked for a sunday lunch and were glad we did as the bar and restaurant quickly filled up. Unlike some reviews have suggested there is a full menu available on Sundays full of tasty mains and cracking puds. I had lamb shank , huge and well cooked and my wife had venison and beef cobbler , very tasty. We shared a sticky toffee pudding ! good value , friendly staff.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We called in for lunch, which we decided on a light snack of beef steak baguette/ chips. The lady from the kitchen was very helpful, checking our orders, bringing the condiments/cutlery being very pleasant whilst doing so. The food was great, the place itself in a lovely setting & very clean including the toilet facilities. The only downside for me, it's very dog friendly 4 dogs in on our visit, I personally think it's unhygienic to have pets where people are eating...... sorry dog lovers!