“Fantastic birthday celebration”

Ranked #8 of 122 Restaurants in Morecambe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We recently celebrated my husband’s birthday at The Hest Bank and opted for a hot buffet for our 30 or so guests. As most of them were Lancastrians, I knew the Lancashire Hotpot would have to be good to impress them... and it did not disappoint!

Topped with buttery potatoes, the delicious meaty and flavoursome filling was seasoned really well and served nice and hot! The picked cabbage and mushy peas went really well with this winter warmer.

We were all looked after really well by all the staff who were friendly and welcoming.

Thanks for a great night everyone!

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

What can I say. Best Christmas meal in a long time. Never made it to pudding. Need a week to recover now. Fantastic food. Fantastic staff.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Enjoying a fab cheese board at The Hest Bank Inn with the family ❤️ because this is what Christmas is all about!! Happy Cheesemas!

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal out at the Hest Bank last night. There were 12 of us, and we all very much enjoyed the food! We ate from the Christmas menu and enjoyed starters of soup, the Christmas slate, and the Salmon platter, all very ell presented and delicious. For the main course, most had either turkey or lamb, with perfectly cooked bowls of vegetables. The vegetarian option chosen was the mushroom and chestnut croute, which was thought to be one of the best Christmas meals my friend had eaten. I couldn't fault the turkey, and the lamb looked lovely. Some had room for desserts but I was too full! They all looked lovely though. I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We have visited the Hest Bank Inn a few times before and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
Unfortunately this last visit was not very good.
A table was booked as a birthday celebration and we were seated in the lower dining room. It was not very warm and whilst the service was good the food was poor.
I ordered steak as did my daughters' boyfriend and even though we were asked how we wanted them cooked they both arrived looking grey without any 'griddle' marks and exactly the same, not looking like the steak in the website picture. I asked for rare and the other medium.
I should have sent the meal back but did not want to upset my wife who had booked the meal.
I felt let down and when asked my wife gave a similar opinion.
We did wonder whether it was because it was a busy night and if we return it will be mid week as opposed to weekend.