All reviews rooftop restaurant executive suite z bed squeaky floorboards xmas party fab night public car park set us up for the day bar downstairs large bathroom sandwiches pleasant stay the hotel is clean family room reception staff full english breakfast double bed
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a family room which was superb, two very large rooms and a large bathroom, very clean and spacious.

Upon arrival it does worry you as it is part of a pub and a number of building either side are closed down but as soon as you walk into the reception area and welcomed all worries are put to bed.

Very friendly staff who couldn't do enough to help and free wifi always helps settle us in.

We left before breakfast so the hotel made a pack up for each of us including sandwiches, fruit, crisps, drinks etc.. Which was a massive help.

One slight negative or positive depending on your reason for staying..... If your staying on a weekend and they have something booked, their top floor is an amazing open function room so sleep is difficult until midnight but it all turns off bang on 12, the function room itself looks superb if your needing a room in the area and the facilities including sky sports are spot on.

2 minutes walk from the dock and all entertainment , I would highly recommend the hotel and the area for a stay.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Myself and hubby stayed the one night due to a family wedding in the area. The hotel is clean and tidy just shuttle old fashioned in the furnishings and decoration but that isn't a major complaint but they do little touches to make it feel more special. These touches included the way they fold the towels and the end of the toilet roll. We asked for a early check in and this was not a problem. The breakfast was lovely and the views from the restaurant was outstanding, views right round hartlepool, Marina and the sea. I left my phone charger in the room nd within a few hours of getting home I received a call from the hotel to inform me and that they would post it out because I wasn't in the area. Well done hillcarter. Overall a pleasant stay and would deform recommend.

Room tip: Avoid the front street rooms the seagulls are so noisy
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2016

I stayed there on business for a week. The hotel is located within sight of the railway station. Five minutes walk away if the main shopping centre. The front entrance is actually the bar, with the actual entrance to Reception on the side of the building. Behind it, is a pay-and-display car park, although the hotel does have several marked bays that are available on a first-some-first-served basis. once parked, get a permit from reception, or you will get a ticket!

This is a very old building, and, as such, suffers from the usual things that afflict old buildings (ie. the floors creak etc). I stayed in room 5, which is a single room. My powers of levitation failed me that week, and I winced every time I had to answer the call of nature, with the thought of having woken up the entire floor below with every step! The physical layout of the building also means that, after use of the lift to get to your floor, you may have to climb four or five steps more to get to the corridor housing your room.

The room was clean and well-presented. With room 5 in particular, a little more thought needs to go into the fixtures; the television was a tiny flat screen, which, when viewed in bed was not fit-for-purpose (the room is long rather wide).

Breakfast is served on the top floor, which also doubles-up as a function room for events etc. The English breakfast is as one would expect, but, the Continental offering leaves a lot to be desired; the offering needs to be broader. The floor affords 360 degree views of Hartlepool, which is the secret of this hotel.

As a place to put your head down after being out-and-about, I would recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MikeFz
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

After a very warm and friendly welcome we went to our room which was clean tidy and very comfortable. Had a great meal in the bar downstairs and had a good evening in the bar talking to the bar staff. Great nights sleep and woke up feeling refreshed. Check out was seamless and they were very helpful. If we are ever back in the area we will definitely look you up again

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Walk4Louis
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Booked a room here for the night before and night of our wedding. Absolutely brilliant staff. Booked the executive suite which was more than enough room for myself and 5 bridesmaids to get ready in (not to stay over as there's only one bed) as well as parents visiting, make-up artist, hairdresser and photographer. Staff brought food up to our room while we were getting ready and were very accommodating. Room booking included breakfast which was also lovely and very good for the price. On booking, staff advised that due to the hotel being in an area for bars and clubs and having a bar underneath itself, we may experience noise/music on a night... We stayed on the 3rd floor, while windows were open we could hear noise from the street however when closed we couldn't hear anything and we didn't hear any music coming from the bar downstairs. Definitely recommended.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple