“Quirky”
Review of Wallis & Co

Wallis & Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Wallis & Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 241 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Description: Trendy Bar & Kitchen on Hartlepool Marina serving a modern breakfast menu 9-11.30, followed by varied healthy, classics, small & large dishes and share options from 12 noon right through till close around 9pm We offer homemade cakes, Desserts and scones and welcome customers to join us for just drinks anytime. On an evening the lights dim and music gets funkier for a vibrant trendy & cool vibe.
Reviewed June 23, 2018

Located at marina in parade of other eateries. This was best I have been in so far. Good variety of food to choose from on menu and very good.

Only negative comments for me was air conditioning bit to cold, and music got bit loud. Other than that perfect.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Went for breakfast with two friends both who had poached egg type dish which looked lovely. I had a full English breakfast which was terrible.. it arrived luke warm the poached egg was cold and hard. I complained and this was replaced. The mushrooms were actually charcoal black and crispy they were so burnt and completely inedible. I had asked for no black pudding as I really don't like it. It came with black pudding on the plate with the shambles of an egg and cremated mushrooms which when paying £7.50 which is quite steep anyway was a total waste of money. I complained and all the girl said was she would tell them I assume meaning the chef. We had three coffees while we were there which were lovely but no apoplogy or offer or any discount or not to pay for the breakfast which I would expect. I never complain and did twice which was a waste of time as no one was interested. Shame as some food looked great but it's not difficult to cook a poached egg.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

It was my wife's birthday and we've been to and enjoyed Wallis and Co before. We phoned up at 11am to ask what time breakfast was served until and was told if we arrived before 11:30am breakfast would still be served.

We arrived at 11:25am and were told that breakfast wasn't being served as it was too close to 11:30 despite us having called in advance. Completely wasted trip and ruined our day.

Needless to say we will not be returning and we'd advise everyone to look elsewhere.

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here a few times now and have yet to have anything that we haven't thoroughly enjoyed. We have been lucky as mist if the time there has only been 2 of us but for larger parties I would definately reserve a table if you are wanting a Sunday dinner.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Hartlepool for the bank holiday. I'd seen reviews for this restaurant online and it did not disappoint... We shared the nachos for a starter - the portion was immense and it was so tasty. My husband had the fish and chips, I had the beetroot and lentil burger. Both were really delicious.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The surroundings beautiful - I would definitely pay another visit in the furure.

Date of visit: May 2018