All reviews starfish cafe star fish potato cakes plum chutney porridge crab view of the bay visiting bangor northern ireland breakfast was amazing filter coffee highly recommend a stay home made breakfast room wonderful hosts top class varied menu
Reviewed February 12, 2018

We had originally planned to stay with family while in Northern Ireland and due to a death in the family we had to find a B&B shortly before our trip. I made the booking based on reviews read on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. I was traveling with my daughter and three grandchildren they booked us into the home next to the one in the photo above. We had the entire house to ourselves which was wonderful. They were so accommodating to the little ones (ages 1, 3 and 8). Breakfast was fantastic. I can't say enough good things about Cairn Bay Lodge.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a large group - ask to be booked in the house next to the Lodge
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

We arrived on a beautiful bright morning for coffee and scones. The house is very interesting...built in 1914 in the Arts and Crafts style. It’s all quite quirky! There is a choice of rooms to sit to have coffee, breakfast and lunch. We were warmly greeted and asked to choose a table. We ordered two Americano coffees, a cherry scone and a pear and almond scone! The coffee was very SMALL! The pear scone had no taste of pear at all though as a ‘plain’ scone it was very good. We needed a ‘top up’ of coffee so we were invited to purchase a pot of filter coffee which we did. The bill was £13.68 which was far too expensive. I appreciated the surroundings and the ambience but NOT THE COST!!
Having travelled from Belfast, it’s quite unlikely we’ll return!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Great service and great food. Friendly and helpful staff - sit and enough a coffee over a book - can get busy but well worth a visit. Reasonably priced - plenty of parking nearby and after some food a nice walk along the beach -

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Cairn Bay has it all! Cozy but with character! The variety of breakfasts were excellent. But what makes the Cairn Bay Lodge stand out is the staff. They are very friendly, most accommodating and certainly go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I stayed there for 4 nights while attending my son's wedding earlier this month. If I return to the Belfast area, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights whilst on business. Much more enjoyable than the usual chain of hotels that I have used and I will definitely be back. Great breakfast and rooms comfortable. Good local restaurants for evening meal.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business