“sunday lunch”

The Cock and Pheasant
Ranked #45 of 220 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cock & Pheasant in Macclesfield is a country pub oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed March 7, 2018

firstly i think i should point out i use to work here til about a year ago. went to the cock and pheasant for lunch on sunday .the starters where very nice. however when the mains came two of them where not very warm. when this was brought to the attention of the staff they were very sorry and changed are meals for fresh meals that where piping hot.when paying the bill they also took something off the bill as a sorry.

1  Thank patricia c c
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Hi Patricia,

Again we apologise for the issues you encountered on Sunday. I am glad we could fix them for you quickly. We hope to see you again soon and provide amazing food and excellent service.
If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks

Loren

Assistant manager

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

We went into pub by chance on Monday evening. We expected it to really quiet as it was a very cold evening but it was a lovely atmosphere there with locals and visitors. The meals we ordered were really good, especially the ham hock. Staff were very friendly. Would go back if we are in the area again

1  Thank joanhop
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Hi Joan

Thanks for the 5 stars. I'm happy that you found your experience with us enjoyable and we hope to see you next time you're in the area.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Sunday 25th February. I took my family for 1.15pm dinner, our party comprised 5 adults and 1 X 10 month old baby.
The service and ambience were excellent. We thought about having a starter but I'm glad we didn't because our main courses were massive!
We were served by 'Reece' apologies if that is not how his name is spelt, and a dark haired young lady. Both were excellent and very polite and helpful.
It must be a child friendly place because I noted a lot of babies and children coming in. Our baby was given a child seat and we had no problems.
We ate roast dinners which varied from turkey and beef to 'trio' which was a variety of three meats. I had turkey. My plate had three nice slices of lean turkey, three roast potatoes, huge Yorkshire pudding, parsnips, cabbage, carrots, stuffing and my own jug of gravy. Nicely presented on rectangular plates. We decided to order some cauliflower cheeses with our meals, and a few more potatoes and Yorkshire puddings, as we were all hungry. My wife even asked for some more gravy which was brought straight away.
We were so full when we finished!
Our dinners were quite simply Fabulous! We could not fault any part of them. The portions were very generous. The taste of everything was superb. And.......the cauliflower was cooked.
A few of us did have puddings. This place gives you the choice of having either a 'big' pudding on its own, or a 'small' pudding with a tea/coffee type drink for the same price. I had a chocolate brownie and pot of tea which was the same price as someone else having just a big portion brownie. My brownie was half the size of my daughter's but I wanted a drink whereas she didn't. Great idea!!
I did use the toilet....it was spotlessly clean.
The staff were very friendly......and helpful.
We had an interesting end to our Sunday dinner as the fire service was called as the chefs were concerned about a fire issue in the chimney flu. The staff calmly evacuated everyone. I had just tried to pay our bill but was told to leave it and make my way outside.
I later managed to pay cash for our meals as the staff were not allowed back inside while the fire emergency was ongoing. I appreciate that we couldn't use a card machine because the power was turned off.
Unfortunately some patrons had left the scene and not bothered to make any arrangements to pay for their meals which is pretty dishonest!!
I would most certainly go here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Macclesfield!

Hi John

Thanks for your review and fantastic feedback. Our Sunday roasts are always popular and I'm glad that they didn't disappoint. Sorry about the problems towards the end of your visit but I will certainly pass on your comments regarding how well the team dealt with the situation.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Very good meal but nasty taste in our mouthed due to being over charged by 1 pint of beer did not notice till we got home which is quite a distance away would like to think this was accidental but I will be very wary if we visit again

1  Thank mmollysh

Hi mmollysh

Thanks for the review and kind comments regarding your meal. I would like to assure you that the we make every effort to ensure bills are correct and I'm sorry that on this occassion we made a mistake. I will certainly raise this with my team to prevent this in the future.

I hope we see you again so that we will have the chance to restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Second time visiting and we where not disappointed. Food was amazing staff so friendly and nice atmosphere is great. We will be back

1  Thank jasant145
General Manager D, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Hi There,

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Many thanks