“Welcoming friendly place, Beef & Mushroom pie banging as was the burger. ”

The Cock and Pheasant
Ranked #46 of 219 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cock & Pheasant in Macclesfield is a country pub oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Priced well, large car park and garden. Quick service too. Recommended!

Burgers decent
Beef and mushroom pie really nice with veggies that are edible and not the usual crap you get elsewhere.

1  Thank Dan W
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi Dan,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review, my favourite pie is the Fish Pie!
We hope to see again very soon!

Loren and the team

Reviewed March 29, 2018

My family and I recently visited here for a 50th wedding anniversary and unfortunately I doubt we shall be returning. The food wasn't that nice and the service was appalling. Granted there were 19 of us and I understand larger tables are more difficult to wait on. but we had to wait a while for the starters to be cleared and when the mains finally came out one of our orders was missing. Again I understand that this happens being a waiter myself. But what annoyed me most was that when the waiter was clearing the mains he for some reason abandoned clearing half way through and never came back. We sat waiting for him to come finish the clearing and to take our dessert order for about 30 minutes. In the end I had had enough and went to find him or some other member of staff only to find him taking a different order on another table. When I spoke to the man behind the bar and told him how long we had been waiting he didn't seem very apologetic or seem to care. I got the bill, we paid and left. We shall not be back soon. I am more upset that my grandparents were really looking forward to the meal and left feeling disappointed on there 50th anniversary.

1  Thank ChocolateUnicorn
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Good afternoon,

Please accept my deepest apologies for your experience with us not being what it should of been. If it is possible please contact me soon and we can discuss this further and hopefully make up for the experience.

Loren Coleman

Assistant Manager

Reviewed March 22, 2018

My husband and I went for a meal Boxing Day Evening which was a pre-ordered meal. First of all, when we went through the conservatory, there were two people smoking at the bar (when they have a smoking section at the back). We mentioned this to one of the staff who said that "they were regulars. We only let these people smoke at the bar!".

We were sat on a table at the far end of the bar opposite the door leading to the toilets (by the way the toilets were not clean). It was chilly as the door kept opening (people coming in and going out). I had to sit with a scarf wrapped around my legs. The conservatory doors were open letting cold air in and people were coming in through the front door. All in all, it was not a pleasant experience.

The food wasn't bad, but, because I felt chilly, I didn't enjoy it as much as I should. On the next table a lady ordered a steak meal with vegetables and the meal came out without the steak. They had a laugh about it, but it was not professional.

We will not be visiting this pub again. It is not the first time we have been and it has been cold. For a start, there should be no smoking at the bar and the fires should be lit on a cold day in December (and they were not). We definitely think this pub's standards are not good.

1  Thank KathB832
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Hi Kath
Please allow me to apologise for the experience you and your husband had here at The Cock & Pheasnt on Boxing Day.

Having recently taken over as the new General Manager I would like to assure you that we are working very hard to make the experience for our guests the best it can be and I would like to thank you for your feedback. I will certainly use your comments constructively to help us improve.

I can appreciate that you would feel let down from this experience however I do hope that you will visit us again as we would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in our standards.

If in the meantime you would like to discuss your visit further please do not hesistate to contact me directly and I will be happy to talk.

Kind Regards
Carl Bromiley

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Welcomed with a smile and friendly greeting. Had an interesting selection of gins and the full range of Fevertree mixers and made suggestions on which to choose to go with my Rhubarb gin. The menu is interesting, bit limited for me as I am Dairy and wheat free but they do make it clear about asking about allergies. I chose Ham egg and chips which were lovely. My partner had the Ham hock which he enjoyed, he especially commented on the carrots which were cooked to perfection for him. They did have dairy free puddings, coconut sorbet and coconut panna cotta, unfortunately the later was not available so I had the sorbet which was delicious served with raspberries and a coulis. Overall it was a lovely experience and we felt it was a fair price for the meal and drinks.

1  Thank Achnerm
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Hi Achnerm

Thanks for the great review and kind comments which I will be sure to pass on to my team. It's great to know we were able to meet your needs and that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Carl & The Team

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

My sister, Mum, niece and I went for Mother’s Day. The pub is welcoming, the staff lovely, and the food is really good and the 3 course menu was very reasonably priced at £19.95. We had been the year previously for the same occasion and had been really pleased with it then, and were not disappointed this time around. The only thing that slightly let things down was that that each item on the bill had been priced individually and no discount applied, but this was rectified quickly. Then on our way home, my sister realised that the deposit she’d paid had not been refunded either. So more a system/process issue than anything else. However would recommend.

1  Thank Elizabeth G
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, we are so happy you enjoyed Mother’s Day with us. However we sincerly apologise for the deposit being missed. If possible could you contact us and we can rectify this issue for you quickly. Again our sincere apologies.

The management team