“Welcoming place”

The Cock and Pheasant
Ranked #49 of 224 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cock & Pheasant in Macclesfield is a country pub oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed April 15, 2018

We had passed this pub on the way to Bollington Canal many times. As we were going home the following day, I suggested that we call in and eat our evening meal there. We were greeted by the man behind the bar and asked about bar food. He gave us a menu and told us we could order and then sit by the window to await our food. The choices on the menu looked delicious and we managed to narrow it down to two items. Armed with two shandies we went to sit and await our food. After a short wait our food arrived. Absolutely fantastic and beautifully served. We were asked "is everything okay for you" by Carl. No room for pudding I am afraid, but maybe next time. We certainly will be calling in again when we travel down to Stockport again.

1  Thank Wilson;Mrs.lind... W
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Good evening Mrs Wilson

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit! I hope next time you save room for pudding. I’d recommend the Crumble or Raspberry Cheesecake!

We hope to see you very soon

Loren and the team

Reviewed April 6, 2018

Love this place! Good choice of beers, very pleasant friendly staff. Very good menu and fantastic choice for vegan / vegetarian. Some veg options on the general menu, but ask specially for the vegan menu and you will not be disappoiinted! Great puds too. Good value for money.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Kate A
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Hi Kate
Thanks for the great review and kind comments about our team. Did you try the curry from the vegan menu, that's my personal favorite.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards
Carl & The Team

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

The food and hospitality here is outstanding. One of the best Sunday roasts in Cheshire and the staff are helpful and friendly. Oh and that "Sticky Platter" sharing starter is to die for

1  Thank Murdey

Hi Murdey
Thanks for the great review. Our Sunday roasts are always a popular choice. My personal favourite is the Trio of meats, well worth a try.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards
Carl & The Team

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Priced well, large car park and garden. Quick service too. Recommended!

Burgers decent
Beef and mushroom pie really nice with veggies that are edible and not the usual crap you get elsewhere.

1  Thank Dan W
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi Dan,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review, my favourite pie is the Fish Pie!
We hope to see again very soon!

Loren and the team

Reviewed March 29, 2018

My family and I recently visited here for a 50th wedding anniversary and unfortunately I doubt we shall be returning. The food wasn't that nice and the service was appalling. Granted there were 19 of us and I understand larger tables are more difficult to wait on. but we had to wait a while for the starters to be cleared and when the mains finally came out one of our orders was missing. Again I understand that this happens being a waiter myself. But what annoyed me most was that when the waiter was clearing the mains he for some reason abandoned clearing half way through and never came back. We sat waiting for him to come finish the clearing and to take our dessert order for about 30 minutes. In the end I had had enough and went to find him or some other member of staff only to find him taking a different order on another table. When I spoke to the man behind the bar and told him how long we had been waiting he didn't seem very apologetic or seem to care. I got the bill, we paid and left. We shall not be back soon. I am more upset that my grandparents were really looking forward to the meal and left feeling disappointed on there 50th anniversary.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank ChocolateUnicorn
General Manager A, Manager at The Cock and Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Good afternoon,

Please accept my deepest apologies for your experience with us not being what it should of been. If it is possible please contact me soon and we can discuss this further and hopefully make up for the experience.

Loren Coleman