“Mussels & Chips £5”

Egerton Arms
Ranked #34 of 220 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Egerton Arms is a traditional country pub with low beams, big fireplaces, bizarre antiques and a long bar with old brass pumps. Having now been revived as a local to the townsfolk of sunny Chelford, the pub features a fully equipped hundred-seater restaurant with friendly table service. All food is sourced locally by our experienced and very serious chefs (serious about food that is). The menu is a selection of classic pub favourites and then the chef goes wild on his specials chopping board.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Met up with a friend here on her recommendation. It was so lovely, the atmosphere and decor is very cute and traditional. A great menu particularly for vegetarians and very reasonably priced for the superb quality of food. The staff were really friendly and accommodating. I’d recommend the mussels and chips which is a steal at a fiver. Hallumi fries and cheesy garlic bread were also delicious. A great pub, can’t wait to visit again!

1  Thank emma_curran

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We visited this place on our way home from a long holiday in Spain, and I am so glad we did. Nothing could have welcomed us back to the country more. The food was delightful, the service was welcoming, quick and efficient, and the local ales and fresh fish was to die for. Thank you, I hope to return, even if it is an hour's drive!

PS: Amazing choice of foods, (I am vegetarian), and perhaps the best wines list I have seen in a long time!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Had an Easter Sunday lunch at this pub/restaurant. They served an excellent choice of menu including a selection of roasts. All were excellent. the Yorkshire puddings were the lightest and fluffiest I have ever had! The atmosphere is very relaxed and welcoming. Dogs are also welcome, which is an added benefit

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Generally visit to meet up with family for lunch & service is attentive & food pretty good for pub food.
Decent selection beers as well.
Keep revisiting so that says it all

Reviewed March 5, 2018

We were surprised to see the car park so full on a weekday at lunch time and this may well have accounted for the rather slow service. Our orders were taken promptly enough by and attentive and friendly waitress but it was nearly half an hour before our meals arrived. The Egerton Arms has a pleasant, comfortable, convivial atmosphere and retains a lot of its old world charm. My wife was delighted with her Lemon Marinated Chicken and although the liver in my meal of Liver, Bacon and Sausage was a tad overcooked both meals were tasty and well presented. We had plenty of time to study the menu and the fare available appeared to have many imaginative touches, which made us want to explore further. I fancy we shall be visiting again before long.

2  Thank Mike and Pat O