“A(nother) lovely weekend!”

Hazel Lodge
Sunnywell
view from Sunnywell
view from Holly & Willow lodges
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

FattyArbu...
New York City, New York
“A(nother) lovely weekend!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

My partner and I have been staying in the fantastic lodges at Tregullon for a number of years and I felt it was about time I shared my experiences on Trip Advisor and 'spread the word'.

We have stayed in two or three different lodges over the years, recently staying in one of the new ones known as Holly (they are all named after trees which is rather nice). All the lodges are absolutely wonderful, kept immaculately and even the (slightly) older lodges have not aged a day in the 3 - 4 years we have been coming. They are all kitted out internally to a very high standard with all the features you'd expect (TV, wifi etc) and with great living/kitchen/dining rooms. They are in a lovely setting over looking Bodmin Valley on a proper working farm and the owners (Jill, David and Richard) could not be more helpful or welcoming, nothing seems to be too much trouble!

In terms of location Tregullon is difficult to beat and provides the perfect north Conrwall base for walks, cycling, trips to the beach, Eden Project, Llanhydrock House, Camel Valley Vineyard etc etc (we've been coming for years and are still exploring!).

I really couldn't recommend Tregullon enough!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendly owners, great location, lovely lodges!
Liked least: Can't think of anything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
Dom M
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect Base...”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I stay at least once a year at Tregullon while I am in Cornwall for work, and it is always faultless. Superbly appointed lodges, well maintained grounds and well located. Jill, Richard and David are the perfect hosts.

I would love to come and stay with the family if one of the lodges was ever made dog friendly!!!

Travelling group: Other
Families with young children
ali67
dundee
“Wonderfull”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

We stayed for 10 days at the beginning of September and we could not find fault with the lodge. Even the weather was glorious!!
The May family are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble and the little extra touches you get are lovely especially the cream tea and fudge on arrival.
The cabins are spotlessly clean and very comfortable

Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Teaurns_T...
Hampshire
“We loved it - we're already thinking of our next stay”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

This was our first experience of self catering accommodation and we couldn't find fault with anything. As the other reviewers have said, it really is like a home from home. I loved the overall look, layout and all mod cons. Beautiful views of Bodmin from the property. The cream tea, milk in the fridge, flowers (lasted all week, what were they?) were nice touches and most appreciated. Jill, the owner , pays a visit to make sure you're settling in OK. Lots of supermarkets within a short drive of Sunnywell. Like other reviewers, I am looking forward to my next stay already.

I left a review of my stay on the Tregullon page also, then thought I should leave one on the Sunnywell page too.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing at all.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
MrsBatz
“Fab lodge, peaceful and pretty”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Holly Lodge. We found the lodge easily using the sat nav, but had to be careful as the roads were extremely narrow on approach. The lodge was spotlessly clean, with fresh flowers on the table and scones, clotted cream, jam, fudge and even a pint of milk in the fridge ready for that well needed first cup of tea!

All kitchen appliances were modern and clean and all towels, tea towels, wash powder, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets were provided so we didn't need to worry about that. Jill and her family had really thought about everything to make our holiday perfect; her recommendation of the fish and chip shop in Lanivet was not made up; better than Rick Steins!

The views from the lodge are spectacular and we never had to fight for a space in the car park. If we had any problems, no matter how small, they were sorted out immediately by Jill or one of the other family members. Jill was very generous and even let us stay an extra night!

The lodge is in a good location about 40 mins drive to the major landmarks of either coast. Bodmin itself does also have some things to do but we used the lodge as a base to 'explore' than anything else.

I would highly recommend these lodges to anyone holidaying in Cornwall; we didn't want to come back!

Value Location
RuthChorl...
Chorley
“Lovely home from home”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 for a stay in July 2011

Stayed at Sunnywell for a week with my partner and 12 month old baby. The owners are extremely welcoming, helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

The location was perfect for travelling round - a great central base. Its only 5 mins drive from the A30. We managed to see pretty much all the major sights. Travelling by car was easy from Sunnywell. You really do feel like you're in the proper English country side with the cows in your garden. Its a lovely setting!

The barn itself is lovely, the upstairs living area is really homely and has everything you need in the kitchen - essential for us, as having a 12 month old baby, we were home to cook every evening rather than dining out. It's really bright upstairs and lovely to sit in the living/dining room in the evenings with the patio doors open and the evening sun pouring in.

The downstairs had two good sized bedrooms and a cot was provided for us. The bathrooms are good - the one on the master bedroom has a nice big double sized shower, nice and powerful! There are lots of lovely big fluffy towels provided. The only negative for me was I didn't find the beds particularly comfy. I found the mattresses very soft, and didn't really get a good night's sleep. This would put me off coming here again but I guess that's just my personal preference!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the living area
Liked least: The matresses
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
6 Sep 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. I am sorry that you did not find the beds comfortable. As you will see from my reply to two reviews back the king size mattress is new this season and I went for a good quality medium sprung one as we obviously have to try to please lots of visitors with different preferences. The mattresses on the twin beds are posturepedic (two visitors this year have actually asked me for the make as they found them so comfortable). I am delighted that you enjoyed your holiday but sorry that we will probably not see you again.
handb2
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday let.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

We've just returned from a weeks holiday in Cornwall. We stayed at Sunneywell Barn, Tregullon and I have to say the barn conversion was amazing. The May family (owners) have thought of evertyhing to make your stay feel like 'home'. From the very warm welcome (including a cream tea/fudge and fresh flowers) to the all the small personal touches (books/DVD's and games) in the barn. Everything was spotlessley clean and the towels were so soft and fluffy (a rariety I think!!!).
I can't recommend this holiday let highly enough. It's centrally located to all the 'tourist' attractions in Cornwall (approx 20 mins from The Eden Project) and is set in a very peaceful location (you can only hear the birds tweeting!!!!). Jill was extremely helpful and even doubles as a tourist information guide!! Thanks for making our holiday one to remember!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the barn itself
Liked least: The narrow roads!
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing