“Disappointing”

Ranked #221 of 321 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$20 - US$52
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the Kew Road, close to Richmond Station, another great restaurant in Thai square group which has been excitingly designed within the former Duke of York pub. Combining the best of contemporary design with authentic Thai artefacts we hope that we have created an ambiance that will enhance any occasion, from a simple lunch to an intimate dinner. Our Thai chefs and staff have only one aim, to delight all our guests with a genuine Thai culinary experience.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I ate here a few years ago and thought it was great hence suggesting it to some of my family for a meal yesterday. However I was really disappointed with both the food and the service. The restaurant wasn't busy at all as only about 3-4 tables had people at them but the service was really slow. We had to ask for our order to be taken, for water etc and then there was a large delay in anything being delivered to the table. The crackers and starters were nice but the mains were disappointing with tinned potatoes in the Yellow Curry and what looked like pre-carved slices of chicken in the Thai Green Chicken Curry. We talked to the waitress about the issues but she wasn't interested. We won't be going back. Shame as it used to be good.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Please accept my apology for your unfortunate experience with Thai Square. I would also like to express my appreciation for your feedback. We are currently reviewing the information that you provided in order to further improve ourselves. I hope you would give us a chance to make your next visit more satisfactory. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to contact the email provided below, I would be pleased to address your concerns personally.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was half full but service was slow and uninterested “because we are very busy” - demonstrably untrue. The mixed starters were fine but uninspiring. The main courses took forever to arrive and were truly awful. Thai food is supposed to be fresh, light and spicy. The chicken was either stodgy and tasteless, or tough and tasteless, depending on dish. The potatoes in all the dishes appeared to be tinned - and were tasteless. The pad Thai was lukewarm and uninviting. The mixed vegetables in garlic sauce were about OK. We left about half of what we were served. At least the wine - New Zealand Sauvignon Moko - was very nice. At £45 a head this was a rip-off. We left no service, unsurprisingly. Avoid.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. I apologise for your unfortunate experience with Thai Square and I sincerely hope that you will give us a chance to rectify this. It is our mission to improve ourselves continuously and your feedback is valuable for this cause. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any inquiry and comment. I am pleased to address your questions personally.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

There were 6 of us eating here, we weren’t from around the area so decided to eat here as looked nice from the outside. Food was average, I ordered a chicken dish and was given beef (was so hungry I just ate it) and my friends dishes were luke warm. From ordering to eating it was less than 10 minutes plus we were served drinks which lead me to believe food wasn’t fresh. Unfortunately we didn’t feel the best during the night, not sure it was the food but as it was all so rushed and cold just makes me think it could be. Overall wouldn’t recommend!

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

I am very grateful that you took the time to review your last visit at Thai Square. Your feedback is very important to us, we strive to offer the best that we can provide to all of our customers. I have referred your feedback to our team who I am sure will make your next visit very enjoyable. In the meantime, please feel free to join our social media pages for the latest updates. And do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you may have. It would be my pleasure to address them promptly and personally.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Good Thai food with adequate portions. Service was acceptable. Décor is contemporary and pleasant. There was a reasonable number of customers whilst I was there which says something. Very convenient to Richmond station.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Many thanks for your positive feedback. It pleases our whole team to hear that you are happy with your experience with Thai Square. Our team strives to provide the best quality of services and food to all of our customers, and we will continuously improve ourselves. I hope that you will find your next visit more satisfactory, and feel free to join our social media pages for the latest promotions. Please email me directly for further inquiries and I am looking forward to seeing you again at Thai Square.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

Dinner after visit to the Orange Tree theatre which is close by. Prompt, friendly service. Duck spring rolls for starters were excellent, stir fry dishes also very good. Can’t understand the bad reviews. We will definitely go there again next week!

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Thank you very much for choosing Thai Square. Our whole team is excited to learn of your satisfaction with your recent experience with us. We aim at providing the best Thai cuisine and services to all of our customers, and your feedback is a great recognition of our efforts. I am confident that our team will continue to improve themselves and bring you a more impressive experience for your next visit. Please contact me if you have any question, and I am more than happy to offer my assistance at any time.