All reviewslovely hotelcosy barsticky toffee puddingglen coefish and chipsboth nightsopen firebeautiful locationdining roomfull scottish breakfastsuperior roomstayed here for one nightbed was very comfortablescallopsthe ground floorsconesenjoyable stay
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We had a dinner here as we were staying in a B&B nearby and came on the owners recommendation.

We shared a starter of rabbit terrine. It was tasty and served rather attractively. We both then had pork belly stuffed with black pudding served with lentils. Very tasty and beautifully cooked. Finally we had the Cranachan which I guess is not so complicated but was still very pleasant.

All in all the food was very good and the staff were warm and friendly. It's not a cheap place, but not unreasonable.

We really enjoyed ourselves and hopefully will come again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 57alexk
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

The hotel,rooms,staff and owners are a delight, special mention for young Aly and Craig (owner) also the young waitress (don’t know her name) all of them and others were polite friendly efficient and a pleasure to deal with.
The rooms are comfortable and clean and the view from our room of the Loch was lovely. Hotel was perfectly situated for us as we were visiting Neptunes staircase and the Glenfinnan viaduct amongst other things. Good choice of beers etc at the bar particularly St Mungos. Residents also friendly as were the locals too.
The highs and lows were mainly to do with the meals/restaurant. Starters were delicious potato and asparagus soup and gin and beetroot cured salmon. The 2 mains of steaks ribeye and Aberdeen Angus fillet were possibly the best we’ve ever eaten. The beer battered fish was a disappointment, beautiful fish but some of the batter soggy and the hand cut chips we’re greasy (although the jenga chips with the steaks were delicious). The sticky toffee pudding was over cooked and rather tough.
The breakfasts were also disappointing hard fried eggs, over cooked and dry bacon and sausage, haggis though was superb as was the tattie scones.
Again this is where the hotel staff shine as when I mentioned the disappointing food a healthy discount was applied to my bill.
I’d definitely return but would perhaps be a little more choosy about my meals.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Derek A
Reviewed October 12, 2017

This hotel very close to the water has some good points: helpful staff, very good restaurant and bar, and our room -- #12 on the entry level -- had an all-glass wall with excellent views of the water and mountains a wee deck that would have been charming had it not been raining. The rest of this review should be read with the understanding that we stayed in only the one room, and for all we know the other rooms could be first-class. Room 12, however, has serious issues. It's tiny, the mattress is soft and tends to dump the would-be sleeper on the floor, the carpet is in need of cleaning (no, replacing), the bathroom fixtures are both cheap and ancient, and the broken door never got fixed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Booking in helpful staff, showed me to my room and carried my suitcase. The single room was comfortable. Ensuite was compact but adequate. Great view of the Loch and mountains. Didn’t have dinner at the hotel.
Breakfast the range and quality of the food was great.
Only one small fault. The was only one member of staff taking orders, serving and clearing tables. This poor person was run off their feet when several guests arrived at the same time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a Sunday night for one night. I've never had such a terrible nights sleep .... all thanks to the central heating fan/vent going continuously and very loud beneath our room. We did hear it when we arrived, thinking it was the kitchen vents which usually turn off when the kitchen closes (and which was confirmed by the member of staff who checked us out the following morning), but the same member of staff suggested it was likely the central heating vent instead.
As the room was very warm, we had to have our window open also which only added to the loud noise of the vent. We were not advised of this continuous noise going on when we checked into this room. And because reception is not manned during the evening, I didn't feel it appropriate to call the emergency number because of this issue. A great inconvenience yes, an emergency it was not.

Although the bed was very comfortable, the room a great size for us and our dog, the food at the restaurant also very nice and the staff were super friendly, is was all overshadowed by the incessant noise from the vent and a very sleepless night.

I won't be staying here again, and have stayed here previously, hence we returned, but not again.

I would suggest a room not facing the small courtyard or beneath the kitchen where this central heating vent is if you want a good nights sleep.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SchnooksScotland
Craig I, Owner at Loch Leven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear SchnooksScotland,

Thank you for your review. We are of course disappointed that you did not sleep well during your stay. Though it is imperative that the hotel has such facilities as kitchen vents, hot water, cold beer etc, which are all facilitated by external heating and chilling equipment, it is of course disappointing that these necessities led to a disturbance for you. I personally have been in the room and our double glazed windows do stop any external noises. It is is rare in October or in any other month in Scotland that a room without radiators on would be so hot as to require the window to be open, all of our radiators are self-controlled allowing our guests to set their own desired temperatures. This being said, every individual is accustomed to different levels of noise, light and temperature when they sleep and so if we know in advance that a guest prefers a very quiet room, or a cooler room or any number of other personal preferences we can try our best to accommodate. We have members of our team on site from 7am until midnight every day at your disposal to assist with issues, outside of these hours there are dedicated staff on-site and can be there to help you at a phone calls notice.

Kind Regards,