All reviews boston pizza dairy queen south end in house restaurant outdoor pool exercise room air conditioning off the highway west kelowna checkin tub
Reviewed December 19, 2017

Very helpful service from all staff - front desk, restaurant, guest services / catering....

The room was spacious, clean, and very dark when the shade drapes were down - which they had to be due to the unfortunate location of an outdoor streetlight.

It would be a nice touch if there was a night light for the toilet.

Room Tip: Bring a night lite - I am going to get one.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Not a bad hotel, but certainly not worth $168 a night. Of course, these days, it's not about the value you get for your money, it's about how much the hotel can extort from you because of availability (I notice the price is $112 today). I don't care what anyone says about supply-and-demand economics, market forces, or free enterprise, this kind of business is highly immoral. For my wife and I, we were visiting a family member who is very sick with cancer, and we had no time for their blessed pool, spa, or exercise room. We were hoping for breakfast included, as we didn't want to be a burden on my family there, but we would have to pay for that. Unlike the $107 a night Super 8, which included a continental breakfast. Hospitality refers to being hospitable, not to putting people in the hospital when they have a coronary upon receiving the bill. Obviously hotels have lost sight of that fact.

Room Tip: Book well in advance, out of season if possible, otherwise they will screw you too.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Hi Seamusbuck,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is good to see to high rating you gave in terms of sleep quality. However, I'm sorry to hear your dismay about our pricing. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback and this will be shared with the management for review. This gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

We value you as our guest and hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

The rooms were clean but the bathrooms needed updating. The reception staff were extremely inefficient on arrival and departure. The beakfast was good and the wifi was free, parking was close by but the entrance to the car park was hard to find

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Hi yvettec672,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn and sharing your thoughts. I am sorry to read that you were met with disappointments during your visit, especially with our front desk staff and parking. Your comments will be passed along to hotel management for improvements. We aim to provide customer satisfaction through the services we offer.

I'm glad that the room's upkeep met your requirements. I am hopeful that you will give us another try.

Kind Regards,

Anna B

Reviewed September 17, 2017

we were at Harvest Moon, and most of the hotel was booked by linedancers.Our room 409 was very nice, real quiet and I was surprised that even the fridge was fairly quiet as I'm a light sleeper. It was very clean and made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: we were 218 last year, and 409 this year, both were very good.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna649
Reviewed September 10, 2017

After a long drive from the Coast, and a full day of business, I was extremely disappointed when I was finally ready to roll into bed to discover a huge tear in the bottom sheet of the bed! It's not like it was hidden at the foot of the bed, it was right there when I pulled the cover back. It was very late and I was very tired and I thought I would just tell them in the morning. Sleep would not come though. I kept waking as my mind raced away with all kinds of scenarios; the sheets hadn't been changed from the last overnighter, there were bugs in the bed, the pillow cases were unchanged. You name it. I ended up sleeping sitting up on a very uncomfortable tub shaped chair. In the morning, after having produced photos for the clerk on duty at the desk, my bill of $260 plus was reduced by $40. I won't be using a Holiday Inn chain facility again. Besides which, the toilet was at about the height for use by a child potty-training. I am an old lady who likes her comfort and whose knees don't bend well anymore. They should invest in 16" toilets for the adults that pay to stay in their hotel.

Room Tip: If you can get a room here using your travel points program, and you have no other choices, go forit. Otherwise, keep on travelling.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Hi rosaliew504,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to learn that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us due to the issues you had with the condition of the bed in your room. Kindly note that we do not take your comments lightly. We will be sharing your feedback with our management to help us focus on improving the quality of our facilities and services.

We value you as our guest and hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to Holiday Inn West Kelowna and look after your stay.

Kind Regards,