Pegasus Riding School & Trail Rides - CLOSED

Reviewed August 13, 2017
H4211EAjuliab
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

On aug 12 I had booked a two hour horse ride at a stable called “Pegasus riding school & trail rides” with a lady named Danielle in Kelowna for me and my sisters and brother in law while away on vacation. It being their first time riding, on the way there, they decided they only wanted to ride for an hour. So when we got to the stable I informed the lady of that. She literally starts screaming at us stating that her horses need to eat in the winter, how inconsiderate, why do people always do this, she’s going to lose money, she could have booked another group and if she can reach that other group she is going to take them. She then pretended to call them and pretended they didn’t answer, we apologized profusely and took her verbal abuse as we understood our fault and still wanted to ride and even offered to pay the full two hours but still only wanted to ride an hour. Long story short we agreed on an hour and a half. Now the entire time we had been there my sister in law who has a fear of dogs had been keeping her distance from the dog at the stable. Not causing a scene or being a nuisance of any kind just consciously keeping her distance. While we were waiting for the girl who was taking us out to saddle up the horses, Danielle comes out of the barn, looks my sister in law up and down and says to us “why are you Pakis all so scared of dogs?”. My jaw hit the floor, my brother in law proceed to tell her we don’t know, we’re not Pakistani and that’s racist, I, in shock, could only muster up “what?!” As I thought I was hallucinating. And each time I asked “what” she repeated herself?! Until the 4th time at which point she could tell I was about to come unhinged, she said “I’m not saying your pakis but I’m just asking, why are pakis scared of dogs. 🤦🏽‍♀️
Firstly, my sister in law is PHILIPINO!!!! Secondly who in their right mind says something like that?!! Honestly I was so utterly blown away. I realize there are racist people in the world but when it’s vocalized and to your face it’s just mind blowing... literally. Needless to say, I tore a strip off of her (or 2 or 5) and advised she get an education in etiquette. I’m posting this to bring awareness that stupidity like this still exists and so hopefully anyone going to Kelowna doesn’t book through this lady and have their trip ruined!

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank sofiasL1392LH
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

The ride was really fun.It was a good servus and I would like to go there again😀!the horses there were so nice.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We were a little sceptical purely based on the mixed reviews but I'm pleased to say we had a fantastic time. We were greeted by our guide who was busy preparing our horses, Mercedes and Love-Bug who were very suited to our complete inexperience of riding. The tour took us through the forest on a two hour trek where our guide told us all about the area and also gave us some really good tips for our next stops through Canada. We absolutely loved our ride out and would recommend it.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

The owner and staff at Pegasus are amazing. They took my very green horse and turned her into a wonderful and calm girl that can walk down any road with Harley's going by or any trail with deer jumping out of the bush. Whenever I showed up she was well groomed, and her stall was clean. She thrived while at Pegasus. I just hope I can give her the same care at home.

I went on a few of the trail rides as well. They are great all year round and go through some beautiful country with amazing views.

I would highly recommend Pegasus for trail rides, horse training and boarding as well as rider training.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 17, 2017

I called to book for a large group and the owner was very accommodating. When we arrived we were greeted by our trail guide Makayla. She was super friendly and made the ride so much fun! Will definitely be coming back to Pegasus when I'm back in the Okanagan.

Date of experience: July 2017