“Stunning Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winterbourne
Bristol
“Stunning Hotel”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Had a great weekend attending a wedding at this lovely venue. The day was run with military precision yet they took everyone needs into account. The location is stunning, food lovely and staff are just great. We had a lovely weekend at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try beauty treatment
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Mehmet Kandemir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was referred here by the local hospital and ended up pretty much stuck for 3 days. It was very nice, the staff was very friendsly, but in Bristol, which is a fairly rough city, 80 GBP single, no breakfast, seemed a bit steep for a place without WiFi - you had to go out to the lounge to get reception. For a hotel that normally specializes in Corporate business this seems almost unbelieveable. Left to myself, with no concussion, I'd have chosen better.

Room Tip: Be warned- NO WIFI IN ROOMS. I did, however, get a room with a back door that went out to a nice ope...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. As far as Wifi is concerned, we do offer complimentary wifi in all publica reas and hoping to extend this to bedrooms in the future.

Bristol
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Attended my cousins wedding at the Grange last week. Very nice venue with attentive staff who were incredibly helpfully and informative. The Toastmaster was down to earh and the same can be said for the rest of staff at the hotel. Stayed overnight, room was spacious but litte out date, although very clean. Overall had a very good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

A good description on the web but when we got there our expectations were well and truelly exceeded. Very good value for what we got. Paid just over £100 for bed and breakfast. £22 for 3 courses was an excellent value for money. Notice but small leisure centre with a mini gym that I found functional. Would most certainly visit for great food and service and friendly staff throuout especially the Indian Reception Manager was very fficient yet professional and friendly. Would most definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent experience at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service and the product.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble share your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Bristol North, The Grange in the near future.

London
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Checked in at the Grange on the 3rd April for a one night stay on business, upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted by Steph on reception, who was excellent in answering my queries and made me feel very welcome, I was also provided with lots of excellent information regarding the hotel and surrounding area.

The hotel itself was extremely well presented and my room was very well decorated and spacious. The location is ideal for business travel, being close to the major transport links of the M5 and M4 and also close to the location business parks and is not too far from the city centre either. The hotel is set in some magnificent, well maintained grounds which creates an excellent impression upon arrival and is matched by the interior of the hotel.

Overall it was a short but extremely pleasant stay at the hotel and I will definitely stay again and would recommend to colleagues, the facilities are very good and the staff were excellent throughout my stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent experience at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service and teh product.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Our spa break started well - we arrived a bit before our room was ready but the friendly and attentive receptionist asked us if we'd like refreshments in the lounge, and organised drinks for us while we waited. The grounds of the hotel and views are very attractive, so we enjoyed looking at these for a short while and then were given keys to our room. So far so good. The spa facilities were small, but attractive and clean, and we mostly had them to ourselves, which was lovely. Staff again friendly and attentive. Our room a decent size, clean, nice view over fields. Then, at 3.45 we went back into thr bar to order afternoon tea, to be told that it was no longer being served as 'the wedding had started'. We could, however, order anything else from the menu. I found this frankly idiotic, since many items on the menu required cooking, and disadvantaging other guests because of a wedding is clearly a poor policy. My chap opted for a hock terrine as a snack, which was nice enough if very small and a bit expensive. The main disappointment was the food that evening. We had the 3 course set menu: goat cheese salad for me; pleasant and freshly prepared, chicken terrine for my other half; bland and under-seasoned, tasted a bit of the fridge, then salmon for me; over-cooked and 'gluey', accompanied by a tasteless roundell of dauphinoise (again gluey in texture) and just 2 large, over-cooked asparagus spears, all sitting in a slick of melted butter. My chap had chicken - unmemorable. The desserts were the worst point: I had 'strawberry sable hearts' which turned out to be 2 shortbread hearts stuck together with a large blob of whipped cream and a single, rather old strawberry. I'd guess it was assembled at least 48 hours before serving, as the cream had started to granulate, the strawberry had lost its shine, and the shortbread had the consistency of old, damp cardboard. Again, all tasted of the fridge and not much else. Frankly inedible, and i left it uneaten. My chap's lemon tart was also damp and soggy. I did tell the waiter that my desert wasn't pleasant, but he just replied 'oh dear', and no action was taken. I've yet to sample breakfast, as I write this at 2.00 in the morning, having been woken by the wedding guests outside (appreciate that's not the fault of the hotel) but am hopeful that breakfast will make up for it, and offset the £50 bill for 2 teas, 2 coffees, a small ham hock terrine and a bottle of wine with dinner.... Ouch

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed at the Grange on 23 and 24 th March as a wedding guests. Had dinner in the restaurant on Friday night, the food was lovely and staff very attentive. The wedding reception the following day was professionally run and everything was just perfect. Very nice grounds with some stunning view of the country side. Accommodation was also good although the first room we stayed in could do with some upgrading. Bedroom facilities were very good and rooms generally spacious and clean. Overall would highly recommend the Grange hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Mehmet Kandemir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterbourne
40.2 km away
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
4.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North

Been to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!