“Wonderful”

Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Winterbourne
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Exquisite Indian restaurant providing unique and traditional Indian & bangladeshi cuisine fully licensed and Air conditioned takeaway service available. Intimate dining as well as families and large groups, private party rooms available. Also midweek banquet menu and additional Sunday menu coming soon.
Reviewed October 26, 2018

This is a lovely restaurant. We went there with family (there were 7 of us) and we were given a lovely little room all to ourselves. It was lovely as it gave us a good chance to catch up. The staff were lovely, popping in to see that everything was fine - which it was. The food was lovely, my husband and I had the passanda, him chicken and me lamb. I have to say that the lamb was lovely and tender. Two of out party had chicken bhuna which looked and smelt amazing - something to try next time I think. I lovely place which we will certainly be going back to.

Date of visit: October 2018
Asad A, General Manager at The Royal Raj winterbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you very much for your review and comments always a pleasure to hear from happy customers see you again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

friendly staff nothing too much trouble.gave me a birthday card after my wife told them it was my birthday

Date of visit: September 2018
Asad A, General Manager at The Royal Raj winterbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Thank you very much for the review always good to hear from happy customers see you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Can't fault anything about the Royal Raj. Fabulous food and fabulous service. Went as a party of 9 for my parents 65th wedding anniversary and the evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Thank you! We will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: October 2018
Asad A, General Manager at The Royal Raj winterbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for the review we are happy you enjoyed your meal and evening see you again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I haven't been here in a while, it was always my favourite place for a takeaway.

Our visit last week for a sit down meal was amazing. We had lamb saag and lamb Karahi and both dishes were of a really high quality, with plenty of tender meat.

The meal could not be faulted in any way from start to finish, we had popadums with a lovely fresh assortment of pickles, the naan was to die for, coffee was wonderful, we even had all those special touches, with pieces of orange and warm towels after the meal and chocolates with the bill, and the service was pleasant and efficient. I can't wait until our next visit.

100% perfect in every way!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Clare J
Asad A, General Manager at The Royal Raj winterbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you very much for your review!! I'm happy that you enjoyed your meal and visit see you again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

My step-daughter arranged for me, her mum, dad and other family members to go to the Royal Raj as a goodbye dinner (she is off to Dubai to work as cabin crew for emirates). My wife had visited the Raj on several previous occasions and raved about both the venue and the food. This was my first visit.

When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. The restaurant was empty and we were escorted to our table, which we had pre-booked.

Our waiter was really friendly and took our drinks order straight away. Our drinks arrived a short while later.

We were able to order our food really quickly, whilst tucking into some great chutneys and poppadoms. I ordered the Chicken Shashlick, with lemon rice and a chilli and garlic nan. To be fair to the restaurant they didn’t have lemon rice on their menu, but accomodated me without hesitation. When i ordered my shashlick i specifically asked the waiter for no tomatoes with it. I hate tomatoes with a passion and always ask restaurants to take off the tomatoes from the skewer they are cooked on. A chicken shashlick is chuncks of chicken, tomatoes and onions on a long skewer. My only complaint with this restaurant and the only reason i am not giving them 5 stars is because they cooked my shashlick with the tomatoes still on and served them also. I had to point this out to the waiter who did apologise, but still served the food.

Overall, a great friendly indian restaurant with quality food. I hope to revisit this restaurant again soon and will be looking to give them a 5 star review, as long as they leave the tomatoes from my dish.

Date of visit: August 2018
Asad A, General Manager at The Royal Raj winterbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Thank you for the review glad you enjoyed your meal and visit apart from the tomatoes sorry about that we will definitely make sure you have no tomatoes next time.