“Absolutely fabulous!!!”

Karen's Kountry Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Shuniah
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: local, organic, homemade, fresh; patio; lake view; NE of Thunder Bay off of Hwy 11/17, enroute to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I took a spur of the moment trip to Sleeping giant provincial park on the way we saw this place and decided to check it out and very glad we did!!! The moment I walked in the door and seen the dining area and patio I knew we were going to love this place. The service was fantastic! The food was absolutely delicious and filling. On our way leaving the park we stopped back in and got dessert. I highly recommend everyone come here! !

Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here on a whim and lucky we did. We were seated on the deck with a great view of the lake. As this is a smaller restaurant you should get there earlier as they can run out of popular dishes. But from our experience the food was delicious and our server was entertaining.

Reviewed November 27, 2015

Karen's Kountry Kitchen is a favourite with many f om Toronto to California. It has the best down home food at decent prices. The staff & cook Karen are outstanding and the setting on Pass Lake is well worth the 40 min drive from Thunder Bay. It is almost a spiritual event to sit and relax at Karen's enjoying the atmosphere & delicious food. the best perogies I have ever eaten.

Reviewed August 29, 2015

Beautiful deck with lots of seating and lovely view of Pass Lake. The meat lasagna and daily wrap special (black bean) were delicious. Be sure to visit the dessert counter inside for a variety of treats. This restaurant has limited hours, does not accept credit cards, and will accept US dollars with poor exchange rate.

Reviewed July 10, 2015

A bit off the beaten path but a pleasant drive east of Thunder Bay. The food was very very good. The recipes were creative, delicious, organic and every other superlative I can think of. The peroges were to die for, second only to my mothers. The building is not large, although there is an out door patio overlooking the lake.

1  Thank gerald l