All reviews fitts village short walk grocery store yoga retreat jordan's supermarket no frills tourist area large communal kitchen comfortable beds il tempio the main road pete roosters apartment bus bridgetown beaches
Reviewed February 2, 2018

This is our 4th visit to Villa Marie - this time for 3 weeks. We stayed in a large one BR with en suite bath. Good value. Not a fancy place, but Pete keeps Villa Marie very clean and tidy. Common kitchen and dining room work well. Off the main road and short walk to a fabulous beach, Jordan's supermarket and Il Tempio. Go to sleep to the sound of tree frogs and wake up to the roosters. What could be nicer!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I spent my wedding weekend there and it was perfect. We stayed in the apartment and loved the atmosphere, it cozy just like home, my husband and I even joked about making the apartment our home.
Pete is very helpful, and he has a warm and welcoming personality.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2017

I just finished my second 12-day stay at Villa Marie Guesthouse and I highly recommend this place. Though not luxury accommodations, this place is clean, well-kept, conveniently located, close to the beach, quiet, and perfect for groups.

I have taken two school groups to Barbados and stayed at Villa Marie both times. The access to the kitchen, dining room, and outdoor seating space makes this great for groups to meet, formally or informally. The apartments are spacious, with their own kitchens and living areas. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Pete is a great host. Attentive without being overbearing. He has great advice about places to eat and things to do. He never steers me wrong.

We always rent cars, but this place is just a short block from the main coastal road, which has a great bus system.

The yard has several big mango trees, providing shade in the afternoons. AC is available for an extra charge, depending on your preferences.

LOVE this place!

Room tip: I have seen both apartments and both upstairs rooms. All are equally great.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Peter H, General Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Hi Christine,
thanks so much for your comment ! It was my pleasure having you here at Villa Marie!
Glad to hear that you were comfortable and had a great time! I think your program is
a great idea,bringing your students to local schools to help develop their skills!
I wish you and your students great success and hopefully you will continue for years to come! Greetings from Barbados!

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Our experience was amazing 2 adults and a 16 month old baby. The room was a great size and provided a crib for the baby the ceilings and the little wood details enhanced the room nicely. The property was clean and Mr. Pete was always around busy cleaning and when he wasn't he was present in his office for any questions. Mr. Pete was so awesome to speak to really felt like a good friend over being an owner. No only is the place affordable but in a good location off the road so no road noise and less than a 2-3 minute walk to the beach. Jordan's supermarket is a 5-10 minute walk.

For those who have read some of the bad reviews I'd say it's inaccurate. 1st no place can meet all individual needs Mr. Pete was by far the friendliest person and did assist anywhere we needed. He allowed us to stay a little longer waiting for pick up and helped with our bags. My family is so appreciative for Villa Marie thank you Pete for making our vacation that much better. Wish you all the best.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Peter H, General Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Hi Jarrel,
thanks so much for your comment,it's much appreciated! It was a true pleasure meeting you....your daughter is sooo precious! I am happy to hear you had a great time...even more so,that i was able to contribute to your experience!
I wish you all the best for the future,you are always welcome here....hopefully next time with an addition to your family! Take good care of yourselves...all the best!

Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

A group of 4 of us stayed here for 5 days this past week and it was horrible. You have to pay a daily fee to have air conditioner in the villa. The water pressure is low and the stove in our room did not work. We were bitten by bugs every night! The owner is rude and had an issues giving us clean towels after we had been there for 3 days already. He said he doesn't change them until Sunday. Our room was not cleaned once in 5 days. This property is not beach front and it is located in a very poor, and distasteful area. The beach is across the street. I have attached a picture of the real view from my room. Do NOT waste your money on this property or give the rude owner your money. We will never return here.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kim T
Peter H, Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Hi Kim,
I am sorry to hear,you had such a horrible experience here at Villa Marie....I do apologize!
Immediately after receiving your comment, I checked the stove...since I have people staying in there at the moment and feared they have no cooking facilities! Everything seems to be fine...they are cooking and have no problems with it!
I do agree, the view out the back is far from nice,but usually my guest do enjoy the view from the upstairs patio,which is right outside your door,as shown on my website!
If the neighborhood didn't appeal to you,I am sorry about that,but there is not much I can do about it!
When you asked me about fresh towels,yes...I did respond to you that I wanted to change them the next day....I am sorry ,if you considered that rude behaviour of mine...I do apologize,bit I gave fresh and didn't refuse to do so!
You arrived Friday afternoon and had your little workshop all day on saturday,which I did not disturb or interrupted,since I felt that would have been rude! Sunday was my off day...I do apologize,so I only got to clean your room by monday,which might have felt like I never cleaned the room at all!
Again,I am really sorry for your bad experience here at Villa Marie !
Wishing you all the best from sunny Barbados!