All reviews minute walk grocery store yoga retreat great advice jordan's supermarket large communal kitchen comfortable beds il tempio the main road pete host roosters apartment barbados bus bridgetown yard
Reviewed June 4, 2018

I spent 9 night there in one of the double room . The room is nice but you will have to plug some high tech devises in your ears to avoid hearing dogs' and roosters' sounds all day long!! so annoying. Also, be aware of huge cockroaches..

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Peter H, General Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Hi there,
I am sooo sorry,in regards to the roosters & dogs,it does happen sometimes! Trying to solve this issue with the authorities,but so far without success....otherwise not much I can do about it!
It sounds like you have seen hundreds of them....! In the tropics they are seen here & there,did you know they can actually fly? Sorry about that,but no need to start a panic...lol!
I hope otherwise you still had a great time!

Reviewed February 14, 2018

This was my first time participating in an annual Yoga Retreat from Ontario, Canada held at this location. We had the entire site to ourselves (11 this year). All rooms were spacious with plenty of storage and clean comfortable beds. Ceiling fans kept rooms cool. An easy walk to the beach or bus if you wanted to venture further towards Holetown or Bridgetown for beaches, shops and restaurants. Some rooms have in suite kitchens but we self catered in large communal kitchen. Grocery store Jordan's a short walk away or bus to supermarket in Hometown had plenty available. Most goods are imported so don't be surprised at the prices! Looking forward to my next visit in 2019!

Stayed: February 2018
Peter H, Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thank you so much for your comment,glad to hear you had a great time! Hope to see you again next year...wishing you all the best!

Reviewed February 2, 2018

This is our 4th visit to Villa Marie - this time for 3 weeks. We stayed in a large one BR with en suite bath. Good value. Not a fancy place, but Pete keeps Villa Marie very clean and tidy. Common kitchen and dining room work well. Off the main road and short walk to a fabulous beach, Jordan's supermarket and Il Tempio. Go to sleep to the sound of tree frogs and wake up to the roosters. What could be nicer!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I spent my wedding weekend there and it was perfect. We stayed in the apartment and loved the atmosphere, it cozy just like home, my husband and I even joked about making the apartment our home.
Pete is very helpful, and he has a warm and welcoming personality.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2017

I just finished my second 12-day stay at Villa Marie Guesthouse and I highly recommend this place. Though not luxury accommodations, this place is clean, well-kept, conveniently located, close to the beach, quiet, and perfect for groups.

I have taken two school groups to Barbados and stayed at Villa Marie both times. The access to the kitchen, dining room, and outdoor seating space makes this great for groups to meet, formally or informally. The apartments are spacious, with their own kitchens and living areas. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Pete is a great host. Attentive without being overbearing. He has great advice about places to eat and things to do. He never steers me wrong.

We always rent cars, but this place is just a short block from the main coastal road, which has a great bus system.

The yard has several big mango trees, providing shade in the afternoons. AC is available for an extra charge, depending on your preferences.

LOVE this place!

Room Tip: I have seen both apartments and both upstairs rooms. All are equally great.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Peter H, General Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Hi Christine,
thanks so much for your comment ! It was my pleasure having you here at Villa Marie!
Glad to hear that you were comfortable and had a great time! I think your program is
a great idea,bringing your students to local schools to help develop their skills!
I wish you and your students great success and hopefully you will continue for years to come! Greetings from Barbados!