“Ladies catch up over coffee & cake”

Abbeywood Gardens Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Delamere
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Beautiful surroundings with lovely area's to sit down with a nice choice of coffee's and other soft drinks and lovely cakes/scones.

My friend and I sometimes come here for a coffee and cake and to catch up we've even taken our Mum's along with us. Its a very relaxing place. The staff are friendly and helpful and I believe they do events such as weddings and its certainly lovely surroundings for a wedding.

Reviewed 21 May 2015

This is a place to take a friend or mum, partner etc. for a lovely afternoon out. Try and sit in the conservatory so you have views into the garden. Slightly expensive, and the portions aren't large (but not small either - it they just upped them a little it would be just perfect), but I would recommend it as the overall experience is good. Service is polite and friendly and the food is tasty and well presented. Pay and go round the gardens too as the formal parts are so colourful and pretty and then the more open areas are also great to stroll round for an hour - there's chickens to see etc. Check opening hours though as they close sometimes for private functions - would make a great venue for a small wedding or party.

2  Thank J H
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

Always sit in the above. Great views of the flora and the tropical plants inside provide a great atmosphere. As always food and service exceptional. If you visit in the spring or summer the colours in the garden are superb!

1  Thank lottie1909
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

I visited Abbeywood for lunch with family as I have booked my wedding here for this coming September and I just HAD to come and look round again. The food really was wonderful, everyone in our group really enjoyed our meals. A walk round the gardens afterwards in the sunshine just topped the day off perfectly!
The atmosphere was really relaxed and friendly, there were a fair few others eating yet we weren't waiting long at all for our food and the service was very warm and welcoming.
A lot of work has obviously gone into Abbeywood; in the gardens and in the restaurant; and it really is a great place to visit!

1  Thank Foodaholicy
Reviewed 17 March 2015

The menu is interesting and the food is freshly prepared and homemade. The bread that they make themselves for the sandwiches is really excellent. There are a couple of leather sofas beside a log burning stove which is lovley for sitting reading the papers and drinking coffee. (A selection of papers are available each day)
The service does let the place down a little as it appears a bit haphazard and disorganised. I was brought a menu fairly promtly, but after a while I had to attract someones attention to take my order, even though the staff appeared not to be doing much behind the counter.
Overall a nice relaxing visit.

1  Thank PBiggs42