All reviews rabbit modern amenities large bathroom set menu own wine swimming pool beautiful chateau the barn en route apartment vineyards south burgundy garden euro castle products
Reviewed August 4, 2018

This is a fantastic place to stay! We stayed here on our 2nd night stop en route to Monte Carlo. This is a great place to stay, the Chateau is beautiful, the room was superb and so clean and fresh! The staff were so helpful, spoke fluent English and very polite. We had dinner in the restaurant which was amazing! The food was top quality, the service was what you would get at a top London restaurant, and the cheese board trolly was on another planet! I would highly recommend this place, it was just beautiful!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

There is something about old buildings and their history of charm that I like. If you are looking for place to stay in France and dinning delicious dinner this is your place. If you want to know how heaven is tasting I specially recommend seven dishes menu, every single dish is unique #traveling #visitfrance

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2018

An ideal venue to stop on our journey to the South. This was our third visit.
Quiet , peaceful & we like the modern rooms & comfy beds.
The restaurant served a tasty dinner & it is nice to have the availability of a sensibly priced breakfast - 8 Euro.
Although the wine list was expensive , the local Clesse wine is most enjoyable.
The pool area was closed on this stay which was disappointing. It would have been a nice idea to offer sun beds for guests in the garden as it was such a beautiful day.
The first day this wasn’t an option however the next day I sourced one myself....
Staff were warm, welcoming,& efficient .
We will return I am sure.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2018

The rooms are clean and big, but the WIFI is poor. Also, it is a bit a pity that inside the rooms you can’t experience you sleep in a castle. The fruit salad they serve for breakfast, and for which they charge extra, is canned fruit.
The staff is friendly though.

Room tip: Take a junior suite close to the reception if you value better wifi.
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

The relais St Vincent is a stunning building set among its own little vineyard. It offers a first class service with a great swimming pool, very comfortable and quiet rooms and all amenities one can expect in such a place for a very reasonable price.
I was less convinced by the restaurant which boasts a couple of Michelin forks. they offer a good, well-priced menu at lunch time, but not in the evening. My 39€ menu was good, but not extraordinary, and my wife's 56€ menu was no more than OK with no local products (unless lobster and barbue – brill, in english and translated as "catfish" on the menu!– swim in Burgundy rivers). Wine list was extensive, but also expensive and the Château's own wine well overpriced at 48€/bottle (they sell it in their shop for 18€!!!), dearer than a Pouilly Fuissé... I do know that it is a small production, but still, I find this a bit hard to swallow, if I may say so...
One 4* mention to the staff at reception, and in the restaurant who were really fabulous.
I will return to Besseuil, but will have lunch rater than dinner and will happily enjoy the pool and the "al fresco" aperitif in the superb garden when I travel next in the delightful Mâconnais region.

Date of stay: September 2017