“The best B&B around”

Watersedge Guest House
Reviewed 21 March 2012

we returned to stay with Syvie and Alan for a 2nd time and took some friends .We were a bit apprehensive as we had raved about our last stay and didnt want our friends to be dissappointed they weren't !!! We will ALL be going back again. We had a lovely drink in the bar with 'our hosts' on the Saturday evening and it was just like having a drink with old friends.On Sunday morning Alan gave my husband a lift to the pub to pick our car up ,which we left in the car park the night before after having a couple of tipples.Alan and Sylvie are a real genuinely nice couple for who nothing is too much trouble

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, the sea views are lovely but I enjoyed watching the fish in the garden pond...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have now been staying with Alan & Sylvie for approximately 18 months, and can wholeheartedly this is my home from home. Alan and Sylvie make me feel like I am part of the family. So much so that we now have the joke "It's only Phil", when I walk in etc. I stay with them 3 or 4 nights every week, having a busy job in the New Forest. Through being classed as being part of the Alan and Sylvie's family andthe pair of them being such wonderful people relaxation in the evenings is far easier. We have for some time regularly cooked for each other (Yes they do trust me in their kitchen!), which is great, as anyone will know if they stay away a lot, sitting on your own in a restaurant is not always good. I cannot think of any occasion when I have been dissapointed with anything at Watersedge. This couple have certainly got it right. Having all the best facilities is on thing, but it is not everyhting. Everything is perfect at Watersedge, but the one thing that stands out above everything else is the people that own, and run it. This is a job which requires a special couple, and Alan and Sylvie are that couple.

Phil Brown

Room Tip: All the rooms are individual, as are guests. There are 3 Sea View all with en-suite, except one, wh...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Sylvie and Alan were tremendous hosts. Nothing was too much trouble for them, including Alan giving up a bottle of wine from his own personal collection when there was none available in the bar. The rooms were clean, the breakfasts were delicious and the location was perfect.

If I had one suggestion for Sylvie and Alan, I would encourage them to ensure all maintenance work is carried out at suitable hours. We experienced some banging related to a window being repaired mid-afternoon on the Saturday.

However, this did not detract from our wonderful weekend. Thank you to you both!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2012

thank you so much for the stay.you always make us feel at home.lovely rooms all kept spotless.at never is a disappointment when we stay with yourselves.thank you sylvie and alan.we will see you again of that we are sure.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent.and large
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This B&B is highly recommended. My dog and I recently spent 3 nights with Sylvie and Alan whilst away on business. I was bowled over by the kind welcome, lovely rooms and family atmosphere. Nothing was too much trouble. Many thanks Helen & Orvis

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to head down to Bournemouth Christmas shopping and we were recommended Watersedge by a collegue of mine - and it definately did not disappoint! We were welcomed warmly by Sylvie and Alan, and they showed us a choice of rooms, both with en suite and sea views.

The room itself was spotless, large comfortable bed, that evening we both slept like babies!

After dinner out we returned to a well stocked bar, with a friendly atmosphere with the other guests

The breakfast in the morning was perfect with a nice variety of fresh fruit and cereal. If that wasnt enough, it was followed by a delicious full english, we were stuffed.

Couldn't thank Alan and Sylvie enough for their hospitality, we will be back

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Great location, lovely house and room, comfy bed, fantastic facilities, best breakfast I have had for years (scrambled egg) and I "don't do breakfast". Sylvie and Alan welcomed us and our dog and nothing was too much trouble - thank you. Well done on winning Four in a Bed - well deserved. Dawn, Jim and Trevor.

Room Tip: Garden room if you have a dog.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barton-on-Sea
1 km away
6 km away
South Lawn Hotel
South Lawn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford on Sea

Been to Watersedge Guest House? Share your experiences!