“Old and rustic”

The Old Bridge Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

We visited the Old Bridge Inn on our anniversary. The setting is lovely - the old bridge leads to the Young's Point Lock 27 and the water rushing from Clear Lake down through a dam and into Katchewanooka Lake. On a sunny day, the patio provides a shady oasis.
The dining room is quaint and the outdoor option is so-so. A little drab and noisy from the near-by highway.
Service was attentive and portions generous. We tried the crab cakes as an appetizer, and the peanut chicken and ribs as our entrées. The food was hearty but not memorable.
This is a nice spot for a meal but I wouldn't say it's a destination.

Date of visit: June 2017
Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

We have been regulars here for years This is truly a must see Creative menus fabulous specials great cocktails ( best whiskey sour and awesome sangria ) beautiful grounds right on the river Never disappointed and often inspired ( try whatever the fish special is ) this is a 5 star Resturant in any city Now they have the supper club We picked up lamb, duck and trout Three meals that easily fed four of us 15 minutes after we got to the cottage we had heated up a feast Too bad we can't get a sangria to go as well You will love this place it's good value unpretentious and very well run

Reviewed June 3, 2017

We stopped in for lunch here on a Saturday.

We ordered the turkey and brie sandwich on naan bread with salad, and the trout filet lunch served with salad and fries. Both were delicious and very attractively presented. Our server was attentive and friendly.

We'd definitely visit again. The only thing I would recommend would be a bit more attention to the outdoor area -- the grass should be cut, and pots of flowers placed here and there would add a punch of colour. Also, a little decoration on the outdoor tables -- perhaps a vase of flowers, or a decorative placemat?

1  Thank sunset07
Reviewed May 19, 2017

I've been coming to OBI for years now. Every time I come, I leave more than satisfied. Everything is always amazingly delicious. I always get the baked brie and end with cheesecake. You will NOT regret going. I tell everyone I know that they need to eat here!
Unlike red lobster or all those chain restaurants, OBI actually puts delicious vegetables with your meal. Great value for the amount of food they serve you as well. And the service is always great and friendly. I love it here.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed April 26, 2017

We had a lovely dinner at the Old Bridge Inn. The thing I really enjoyed was the lovely melange of vegetables served with my rainbow trout. The vegetables were perfectly roasted and just delicious

Date of visit: April 2017