“Fourth choice was best....”
Review of The Old Bridge Inn

The Old Bridge Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2017

Taking friends out for dinner in Lakefield at short notice; had checked for restaurants and first choice didn't take reservatioms but sounded encouraging....arrived 30 mins latern to find that it was going to be at least 30 mins wait for a table...tried second choice and they were fully booked but gave helpful advice on an alternative at Youngs Point....tried one more in Lakefield who were also fully booked....

To Youngs Point and the Old Bridge Inn.....it turned out to be just the right place that evening. We sat outside and enjoyed the sound of the river nearby and later walked across to the lock.

Just a delightful experience.

Date of visit: July 2017
Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food and so many delicious vegetables - Lots of variety and always fresh. Excellent service, homer atmosphere and relaxing setting. Doesn't get any better Must visit in the area.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Beautiful, charming location. Great for a special occasion. Delicious food made with fresh ingredients, with generous portions and wonderfully presented.. We were a table of 8 and everyone loved the dish they ordered.

1  Thank stamp3d3r
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We had dinner here on a Friday night. My dinner guest and I shared two appetizers - the crab cakes and bruschetta flat bread. The flat bread was good - nice thin bread topped with tomatoes, artichokes, onions and melted asiago cheese. Crab cakes were ok but their dark colour made them look like they had been in the deep fryer a few too many times. The cakes were served on a gooey tartar sauce that did not taste home made. My guest had salmon and it was good. I ordered the pickerel. I can't be sure that my order was pickerel. My plate had two rather thin pieces of battered fish that were almost square in shape. Not the usual long rectangular and thick fish I am accustomed to. The fish was served on a rather uninteresting scoop of sticky rice and topped with a plop of that same tartar sauce.

All that being said, the vegetables served with our meals were the stars on our plates. Both of our plates were piled with nicely roasted vegetables (onion, squash, beet and carrot). My meal also had a generous bunch of watercress on the fish.

The deserts were the highlights of our meals. My guest had a creme brulee and I had a chocolate/raspberry tartufo ice cream. The creme brulee was ok if not a little bland but the ice cream was delicious. It was a small ball of very flavourful raspberry sorbet wrapped in a nice rich chocolate ice cream. On both desert plates were some fruit and a toasted marshmallow on a stick. It was a nice touch given the locale.

On the food alone, I would have given this place a three stars but the patio overlooking a stream really added to the experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

A very nice location by the water for ladies to lunch. The menu has a very nice variety and portions are very generous. Service was excellent.