“great get away”
Living/dining area
Outside the Sauna
Sauna
Our Gazebo over looking our beach and Loch Tay
Interior of grill house with hot tub
Lodge and hot tub hut
View over Loch Tay
On the Loch in the Canadian Canoe
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Dave P
“great get away”
Reviewed July 26, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

well me and my wife had a great week relaxing at the lodge, and for the first time in many holidays we felt no need to go out on a night searching for a nice restaurant as we just laid back relaxing in the hot tub and put the bbq on and opened a bottle of bubble what more could you ask for.
during the day we where out on the canoe which was amazing as the lock was so calm but a word of warning it does change fast so keep an eye on the weather.
the lodge its self is ideal and the sky and free internet is a great bonus. all in all a perfect place to get away and just RELAX.

29 Jul 2015
Thanks for your review - I'm really glad you enjoyed the Lodge. I agree, the combination of the hot tub, BBQ and Loch is all you need!
ckaylesc
United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed June 19, 2015 for a stay in October 2014

My partner booked Birchwood as a birthday treat and it was the best present ever!
Where do I start? The location Is idyllic and the lodge absolutely stunning. The attention to detail made the weekend even more special. My partner was so impressed with the sonos sounds system he had to go and buy his own the minute we got home! I'm looking forward to our next visit!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
22 Jun 2015
Thanks very much for your review - I'm glad it was a special birthday treat. The sonos system is great, isn't it - music in the hot tub is fab. I hope I can welcome you back to Loch Tay again in the future. Ali :o)
Tracy6306
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed June 9, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My partner booked this for my birthday,, it was the perfect retreat for us, away from everything no noise apart from birds, everything was catered for and it was the best weekend ever for us, didn't want to come home will definately be booking again if we can in the next few months, if your looking to get away from it all then this Is the place

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
22 Jun 2015
Thanks very much for your review. I'm delighted it was a good birthday treat for you. I hope I can welcome you back again. Ali :o)
Andrew M
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Excellent romantic getaway”
Reviewed June 2, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My wife booked the lodge for our 10 year anniversary and it did not disappoint as what it promised in the travel guide. A few of my wife's friends have stayed previously and could not fault it when they recommended it to us.

The lodge is idyllic and just the right size for a couple to get away from it all, the furniture is nice and comfortable, an excellently comfortable bed, and the welcome gift that awaits is a really nice and personal touch that we both appreciated.

The outside hot tub was just the ticket for relaxing in and the outside speakers are a nice addition too.

The location to local amenities is just about right and the views out to the loch are great. The beach side gazebo was picturesque with covers to shelter from the wind if necessary.

Overall we both had an amazing time, it was a great retreat to just forget about the normalities of life and enjoy time in each others company. I cant praise Ali enough for what she is able to provide.

I would make one recommendation though, a chimmenea or wood fired bowl on the outside veranda would be a great addition.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
3 Jun 2015
Thanks very much for your comments, I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay at Birchwood. Thanks for your suggestion, we're actually about to incorporate the grill house below the Lodge into the Lodge garden in the near future - so this will provide somewhere that guests can sit with a fire and BBQ. Hope to welcome you back some time. Ali
Jen C
Forfar, United Kingdom
“Beautiful loch Tay!”
Reviewed May 11, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We returned from our little break to birch wood on Friday and we are still suffering from the holiday blues! We had such a great time. The lodge is beautiful and has such a nice cosy, homely feel. The private beach and its views are beautiful and the hot tub and sauna are such great way to relax and unwind!
Our second stay at the lodge and we'll most definitely be back :)

Liked best: Hot tub!
Your age range 18-24
15 May 2015
Thanks very much for your review. I'm glad you had a lovely time and had the weather to enjoy the views up the Loch. Thanks for visiting Birchwood, Ali. :o)
calrae201...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Luxurious solitude!”
Reviewed May 10, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing stay at Birchwood. Easy to find thanks to Ali's clear directions, with a bottle of wine awaiting us on our arrival - we enjoyed ourselves from the first minute to the last. The lodge itself is well appointed with everything you might need, and the sauna and hot tub really set it apart from other places we've stayed. The real gem though is the (private) beach. Sitting down by the water with a nice beer and a good book was bliss! Already looking for an excuse to go back...

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beach, hot tub, isolation
Your age range 25-34
11 May 2015
Thanks very much for your review - I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at Birchwood. I hope you do find an excuse to come back! Ali :o)
Victoria...
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon Stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We stayed at Birchwood Lodge during our recent honeymoon in Scotland. We had a wonderful stay. The lodge is cosy and spacious. Ali had thought of everything. Coming back in the evenings after a walk in the hills to a sauna and hot tub was a real treat. We were lucky to have some fine weather and the views over the loch and the beach were fantastic. We look forward to visiting again.

23 Apr 2015
Thanks very much for your review - I'm glad you enjoyed your Honeymoon at Birchwood. I think you got some fabulous weather too ... which just adds to the experience. Maybe not warm enough for swimming at the beach yet though!! :o)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing