“Don't Miss - Best Tapas around!”

The Market Place Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Cromford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant, over 34 years in business, good food,well priced, awarded 5 stars again by environmental health
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

We've just had a fabulous meal here tonight. We had wanted to come and try the tapas for a long time, and it was worth the wait. The best tapas we have had, even better than in Spain! Friendly staff and great service. We will definitely return.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Becs b
Richard H, Owner at The Market Place Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thank you so much, glad you both enjoyed your valentines evening with us looking forward to seeing you again.
Team Tapas x

Reviewed January 20, 2018

Visited on 18th January without a prior booking and had a really pleasant evening. The staff were very attentive but not intrusive, and the food was excellent. I had the best steak and ale pie I have ever had! We aim to go again when we next visit the area.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank loosecannon2016
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

Very good for the price. No complaints from any of the diners including my fussy mother. I've beeen several times over the years.

1  Thank 134jong
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

After long walking shopping we decided to go for something to eat with kids , we went to this cafe to have breakfast it was delicious tasty, as well as the staf was freindly, reasonable price very clean , we will be back

Reviewed December 7, 2017

went to this restaurant had a table booked for 8.30pm did not get our starters till 9.45pm, just before the starters came out , a waitress came over and told us they had run out of the brie, so had to go for something different.
When our mains came out we asked for an extra portion of chips as the portions were very small, and the waitress was rude asking if we really wanted another portion?
then when my sister in law cut into her steak, she found a long blonde hair inside the meal. called waitress over who asked to see the hair,!
all in all this was probably one of the worse meals I've had, and the service was shocking.
went and spoke to staff after the meal who told me in a not so friendly tone that it was not in their business to put hair in food.
Was really disappointed with her response, told her none of our party would eat in the restaurant again.
To this she just shrugged her shoulders.
This ruined my brother in laws birthday meal, Shocking !!!!

5  Thank trudij75
Richard H, Owner at The Market Place Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2017

I have only just managed to find time to respond to this review due to having a very busy December yes we very busy on that Saturday night and before you complained you failed to mention I did come over to your table and apologise with a litre of wine as we were running behind due to two tables arriving late. You also failed to mention I didn’t charge you for the steak or the extra double bowl of chips ( and anyone who comes to our restaurant knows we don’t give minute portions) even though I didn’t see the evidence you failed to mention I offered your sister in law another steak or another meal in place of, declining she just ate the chips.
We are sorry for the delay until your food arrived this was not up to our usual standard!
Happy new year!