Travelocity
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
US$107
US$104
Orbitz.com
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$76
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$98
Gazelle Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$92
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
US$107
All reviewscarreg branbritannia bridgefull welsh breakfastlady on receptionfunction roomsunday lunchpublic areasbangor universitythree course mealevening mealgood nights sleepcomfy bedlovely weekendmain coursewarm welcomelovely locationmenai straits
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Fantastic 140 miles drive down to the Isle of Anglesey from West Yorkshire after a long hard slog at work,since Christmas- so this weekend away was most anticipated and I was pleased that we had secured a booking some weeks previous.The location was fantastic, located near the Brittania Bridge and as we pulled into the driveway our hearts swelled.....only to be greeted by a bunch of fellow traveller's who were told the same thing"Sorry, we have double booked you all" - this must have been worse for the other people who had elderley relatives, children and dogs - we were just a couple - needless to say my heart sank to lower fathoms and my blood pressure soared! I was most disappointed to say the least, but as an employee within the hospitality industry myself- this situation really beggars belief. Unable to review this small hotel, I can for the first time in my 55 years, say that they do not deserve another chance - playing games with hotel booking sites to maximise their profits and possibly ruin a familys' well earned weekend away- is despicable.Get a grip - your reviews are already very dubious and I think you should make it your aim to improve drastically and firstly sort out your booking policy - I am embarrassed for you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed March 18, 2018

Paid £120 for 2 nights, which is far too much for what we got. The hotel looks nice from the outside, that's what attracted us to it. You then walk into reception and it looks very modern and clean, they have a lovely bar and breakfast area and that is where the good points end. Once you pass the reception and have been told where your room is, you all of a sudden go back in time to 1930. The decor is seriously outdated, unless they get 90-year-olds visiting them a lot they really need to update. The carpet in our room seemed like it didn't get hoovered, we had black fluff on our feet, again the furniture is very outdated, our room was also above the smoking area which meant we couldn't open our window. Slowest wi-fi I've ever used (pretty sure they're using dial up). The first night we slept there, there was a 70th Birthday Party we didn't get warned about and the music went on till about half-past 12 and ended up having a crappy nights sleep. Had a lovely glass of orange juice, where I almost had someone else's lipstick on me, YUK!!

Basically, we won't be going back. Complete waste of money.

Room Tip: Don't get the room above the smoking area or the function room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emma B
Reviewed March 12, 2018

We went here for the Mothers Day Sunday lunch, we were a party of 11, the Manager greeted us, and came over to take our order, the starters came and they were big portions, and everyone enjoyed the meal, the mains were amazing, with plenty of veg, potatoes on the table, all the staff were really lovely and polite, and we all had a lovely time, we would recommend here for food, and can we please say thank you to the management and their staff for one of the best mothers day lunch we have ever had, diolch yn fawr.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as our children were running the Menai Bridge 10k. When we arrived we drove down a hill which is quite steep to walk up and my husband found it hard work. When we checked in the reception couldn't see that we had paid in full so we had to show the e mail. We were put in the Leo room which had no heating in the bathroom and it was a freezing weekend. The radiator in the bedroom was Luke warm so we had to go and report it and were given a small fan fire and told others had complained also.We were advised that the bar shut at 10pm which is very early. The Tv couldn't receive bbc channels and when got up next morning to make a drink there was 1 tea bag and 3 milks. I had to go downstairs and ask for more. The Hotel looks great on the pictures which is why we booked it. We think maybe because we got a discounted price we were given a sub standard room. Staff were helpful but overall would not return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jayne19582013
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Paid £65 for B&B for two people as a late deal, so wasn’t expecting much.

Pro’s:

Lovely peaceful location
Fantastic staff
Bar & Restaurant look to have been recently refurbished to a very high standard
Fantastic breakfast

Con’s

Very tired looking rooms
Cheap mattress & pillows
Shower very difficult to get working and no hot water when did get going

Overall, we did enjoy the stay and would re-book, but only at a discounted rate and not for any length of time.

If refurbishing the bedrooms is on the agenda, and they are done to the same high standard as the bar / restaurant area, then I would definitely pay full price and stay for a longer duration.

Think this is definitely one to keep an eye on as it could turn out to be a hidden gem.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business