“Wonderful food, friendly staff & locals”
Review of The Penrhos Arms

The Penrhos Arms
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Whilst visiting llanfairpg over Easter weekend, we found this lovely place. Enjoyed fabulous foot long for lunch on first visit, then returned next day for family evening meal which all of our group loved. Lots of fun on pool table. Staff & locals friendly. Sadly so busy on Easter Sunday, that they couldn't fit us in, says it all.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Visited today for a Sunday roast and it was well worth the visit.

I had beef and my wife went for slow roast pork, both very tender (although the pork was a bit too fatty for my wife, but pork is a fatty meat - my brother in-law would have loved it!), plenty of veg, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, cauli, brocolli and carrots. Nice gravy and a bit odd stuffing on both but we left with empty plates (apart from a bit of pork fat!).

£9.95 each not bad at all.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

We first went in to the Penrhos Arms at around 4 pm to book a table for the evening. We were met by a man who was clearly very busy doing something and who just put everything down immediately to help us. He took our booking and offered us a menu to take away so we could study it if we wanted to. We arrived again later for our meal and we were warmly welcomed by bright and enthusiastic staff. Our meal was absolutely delicious and the chef was very generous with his food portions. My husband chose the "build your own burger" and didn't know whether to eat it or climb it when it arrived! I ordered lamb that was cooked to perfection and came with well seasoned vegetables and a homemade gravy to compliment the meat. The restaurant advertises home cooked food but i have to say I think it goes a little further than that. Homecooked flavour for comfort and a twist of clever chef to give it that extra bit to make it a good dish done better. The welcome and service from the staff was brilliant and I cannot fault the food. Thank you everyone at Penrhos Arms for such a lovely experience on my birthday visit to my home island.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

Called in on a Saturday lunchtime and opted for the two course meal. The service was efficient and friendly and there was a pleasant relaxed atmosphere WITHOUT MUSIC which made a pleasant change from many of the places we visit.
The food was excellent and plentiful without being over-facing. An ideal place to stop off for a meal and we would certainly visit again.

Reviewed December 28, 2017

Absolutely lovely food. The best turkey dinner I have ever tasted. Loads of vegetables and enough meat. Very good service from the staff.

2  Thank cerh88