All reviews infinity pool hotel is located breakfast choices nice stay air conditioner quiet area mini bar watch the sunset koh phangan beachfront villa thailand resort island sea kettle baht relaxation
Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

The only reason I am giving 4 points is due to the construction taking place in the neighboring resort. I had a standard room on the top floor which was the closest to the construction site. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked so they were unable to move me to a different room but luckily the work was not too intrusive as they took frequent breaks and the insulation of the room was quite good. However I would recommend that people stay in the bungalows close to the beach as they are far away from the construction site and the noise can not be heard on the beach or in the hotels restaurant by the beach. Once the construction finishes I would give this hotel 5 points. The rooms are beautiful, big and clean, include breakfast (with a good selection of Western and Thai breakfast options) and have AC, TV, minibar, bath tub and separate shower with hot water (the water really gets hot and not just luke warm unlike in many other places). Rooms also feature a balcony with a table and chairs. In addition to the restaurant there is a small infinity pool on the beach with lounge chairs and umbrellas.  The WiFi is exceptional and works throughout the entire property and the signal is so strong that even streaming of movies was possible. Thai people are known to be friendly but the staff at this resort exceeded my expectations. The lady at the reception went out of her way to help and upon check in discovered that there was an issue with my AC which was fixed by the time it took to have lunch in the hotel's restaurant. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and thoughtful as well. I took off my shoes before entering the restaurant and while I had lunch it started to rain. They rescued my sneakers and brought them inside the restaurant so they would not get soaked in the rain. The food was a little bit pricey but good (I ate there twice apart from breakfast and ordered from their Thai and Western menu). I rented a scooter from the hotel for 250 baht a day (with a full tank), which is a bit more expensive than renting from outside but at least you can be sure not to get ripped off in one of the many scooter scams that you read about on the Internet. I was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful amenities of this hotel in comparison to the previous hotel I stayed at in Koh Tao (see my review on Koh Tao Royal Resort) as this hotel was actually cheaper than the hotel in Koh Tao. You really get what you pay for at this resort and the people who work here are lovely.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank NG9
Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

We had called the hotel earlier in the day and organized a pick up at the ferry for our arrival. The ferry was 15 minutes late so the taxi left. We waited 30minutes before finding a phone to call the resort and had them send another one 20 minutes later. Not a good start. Our room is not amazing, it is at the far back of the hotel - no view- back door overlooks a parking lot and balcony overlooks the roofs of the other rooms, nothing special, not like the photos we saw online. I expected a little more. Had dinner at the restaurant tonight, the pad Thai was good but my boyfriend had the lasagna which was probably the worst food I've had in Thailand and after sometime they eventually took it off the bill as he had one spoon and immediately didn't feel good.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamiesykes
Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Lipa Bay Resort for three nights at the end of our holiday to the three islands. The main reason was ease of access to the lipa noi pier for our air Asia journey back to Bangkok.

When we arrived, having walked the long trip down the road from the main road, the first thing the struck us was how quiet it was and then how the beach was a little disappointing.

Then we ventured inside the resort. The staff were really nice and spoke good English. We hadn't booked of course but were shown around one of the garden bungalows. I can understand why people feel there is little or no privacy but the bungalows are very nice and if your not sitting in your room all day then it's not really that big an issue.

We negotiated a good rate on the bungalow for 3 nights and settled in.

The restaurant was a little pricey considering its low season and not a lot of other choice around but the food and drinks were nice and the staff here were really attentive.

A few issues for us that stopped lipa bay resort getting the 5 stars. Firstly, the pool area was a little and I mean a little messy and cramped with little to no shade. The bungalows seem to have been built on a continuous floating platform so when other guests were coming back late or just he'd no manners at all, you could feel every vibration and here every footstep.

Other than that, the pool was nice and the bungalows were comfortable and relaxing. A nice resort in a convenient location and at a good price.

Bungalow came with an outdoor shower, indoor electric show and a bath. Reasonably priced and well stocked mini bar and good working aircon. No safe.

Resort has pedal cycles free for guests to use and offered a very cheap taxi ride to both Nathon market and to the pier early in the morning.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2015

I've eaten here nearly every day since my arrival to Lipa Bay. Everything I've had so far has been delicious. Service needs some work and the meals never come out at the same time, but regardless the food is good.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2015

Advantages:
- We loved green area, trees and plants everywhere which made a nice atmosphere!
- Interior of the rooms is very cosy and comfortable with the use of natural materials, the room you want to stay in. And so spacious bathroom! Especially we liked the real tree growing inside the bathroom and used as a part of interior - environmental friendly solution :)
- Although hotel personnel did not speak good English, we found a common language to understand each other. Staff is very helpful and tries to make your stay comfortable
- Beach is nothing special but sea view at the breakfast is wonderful, which creates a real tropical feeling
- Breakfast choice could be wider as on the 3rd morning we were pretty bored from the eggs.
- Bikes are available for rent at the hotel so you can use them straight upon your arrival

Disadvantages:
- Lack of privacy due to the close allocation of the bungalows next to each other which makes to have curtains all the time closed. Toned windows or extra curtails could be a solution. Also our room was close to the road so we at some points the noises from there were pretty loud
- Prices for extra services (taxi, tickets to Full Moon Part..) given by hotel staff were higher than available nearby in the area.
- VISA machine at the reception did not work at the moment of our check-out which gave extra stress

Room Tip: If you arrive from the Donsak Port to Lipa Noi Pier make sure you have booked a taxi in advance (hotel offers a pick-up service) as taxis at the place are really overpriced for 5 min drive until hotel
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple