“Relax on the patio and enjoy an organic meal”
Review of Cool Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cool Cafe
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Stanford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 27, 2016

Cool Cafe by Jessie Cool serves delicious, all-organic food and drinks at Stanford's Cantor Art Center. Their sandwiches are delicious. I often stop for lemonade break while I'm walking the campus. The patio overlooks a lawn and is adjacent to the outdoor Rodin sculpture garden. Be sure to see The Gates of Hell, Rodin's amazing vision of damnation which includes The Thinker. Then take a short walk to the Papua New Guinea sculpture garden to see the New Zealand tribute to the gate.

Reviewed February 15, 2016

The sandwich contained quality ham with a slice of delicious Swiss cheese and lettuce, flavored with a tomato chutney for $9.50. The bread was fresh, crusty French. Good strong teeth will be needed to consume this sandwich. My companion had a bowl of Shiitake mushroom soup, which was also very good.
To avoid a line, if you can arrive in the dining room before 11:30AM, the wait will be short. By noon, we needed about 20-25 minutes to get our food.
The restaurant is basically a sandwich shop. The customer stands in line to order and then the order is brought to the table by a server.
The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating. Both locations were clean and well maintained.

Reviewed January 14, 2016

I have never found a better restaurant in a museum (excluding the Monterey Bay Aquarium - which isn't actually a museum). This cafe serves a limited menu of fresh, organic, really good food. It focuses on soups, salads and sandwiches, plus a few chips and dessert items - like cookies...all fresh. I chose the "chicken curry salad" which was excellent - I should have order two I like it so much. It is served with fresh spinach salad and a couple of small slices of baguette. It was excellent. The cafe provides both indoor and outdoor seating - the outdoor seating is overlooking the Rodin Sculpture Garden - really - that is amazing! I don't think anyone would be disappointed eating here who loves fresh food! And ... then on to the museum which is a few steps away.

Reviewed October 16, 2015

I met a friend here for lunch recently and the weather was nice so we could sit outside on the patio, which was lovely. The interior of the cafe is quite small and there is not much in the way of ambience. The cafe has a menu of salads, soups and sandwiches. I had a chicken sandwich that came with a small lentil side salad. It was not much food for the price, and the food was okay, but certainly not amazing. It also takes awhile for your order to be delivered to your table, so if you are in a hurry, this is not the spot for you. The emphasis is on organic, healthy food. In fact, if you want a diet coke or chips, you are out of luck. Sadly, the person at the register was one of the least welcoming people I've experienced in food service in a long time. I would not go out of my way to eat here again. Even if I was taking visitors to the museum or tour the campus, I would suggest finding another place that is more comfortable, has better value and better service. It's too bad - this side of campus could use a good place to eat. This is not it.

1  Thank Colleen D
Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

Great choices of sandwiches, soups, salads located just outside the Cantor Art Gallery and the incredible Rodin Sculpture Garden. Inside gets noisy with people chatting. Unfortunately, outside is noisy now too as construction is going on right next door! Food is great but location is a distraction right now, instead of an add!