New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Fabulous hosts!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Roquette

Villa Roquette
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montblanc
Villa Roquette
Ranked #1 of 2 Montblanc B&B and Inns
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hosts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Tony and Carole were so kind in allowing us to arrive early and crash out. A wonderful dinner by the candlelight from Carole's Georgian candelabra, provided a memorable last night for our French holiday. With Tony as raconteur formidable, dinner was a delight (aided of course by Carole's clever menu and natural charm.) What a fabulous house and what marvellous hosts.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Content-Rich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

No doubt about it - a great place to stay, whether you want B&B or an appartment or dinner. Tony and Carole will see to it. In the centre of Montblanc, yet calm and peaceful with a super pool. But all that misses the extra service. Tony has a huge experience in the property finding challenge - he knows you don't want to waste your time and will guide you, advise and perhaps even drive you around. Great EXTRA plus service - but it is free! Good place to wind down, relax or base for house hunting in the area

Room Tip: They seem to be able to give you what you want - from a family suite which can be extended to severa...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Chorley Lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We spent a week at Villa Roquette leaving last week. We had the Sunflower Apt which was spacious and had everthing we needed. Not much going on in Montblanc at night apart from an excellent restaurant called Mui Mui ?? next to the to town square. This was never a problem as there is a lovely garden to eat, drink and natter in. Tony provides beach towels , beach mats, the use of a freezer,etc etc. We enjoyed our week there enormously and must mention the most comfortable bed in the world. It was pure comfort . We 6.45am risers were sleeping until 9.45. Loved the totally relaxed way that Tony and Carol run the house but are always around for advice and help. Loved it !!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

I spent six weeks at Villa Roguette in 2010. It was central for everything I wanted to do whilst I was there and my biggest commitment to myself was to be seated somewhere for lunch. I hired a car and visited all the local restaurants and was never disappointed. I ventured further a few times to Carcasonne in one direction, towns in Provence in the other direction and spent one most enjoyable trip with my hosts to the weather station on the Massif Centrale. The architecture and history is amazing. I enjoyed my visit to the prehistoric park too. The Tyrannosaurus rex looked a bit too real and they have dinosaur eggs there too. Not wanting to spend too much time in the car I found the local towns rewarding and diverse, the markets of Bezier and Pezenas were charming, the tree lined avenues between towns were remarkable and I have hundreds of pictures of them. There were many wineries nearby which was familiar because I live near Margaret River in Australia, our WA wine centre. My favourite place for lunch was in the little port of Marseillan on the Mediteranean just twenty minutes away by car. There are a line of incredibly good restaurants there next to where the yachts are berthed. Everyone was helpful and charming. I love to attempt to use the French language and was rewarded with making new friends everywhere. The town of Monblanc was unique. It was like no other town I have ever stayed in. It had its own rythm and was completely safe for walking and sightseeing. The pastries at the bakeries were of course superb and the pub would look after you if you felt like a counter meal or coffee and so there was no need to travel every day. Having the Villa Roquette as a base was lovely and the family and extended family were all wonderful and I enjoyed meeting them and getting to know them whilst I was there. I am very much hoping to get back there before this year is out. Loved it!

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Nonnie101
Roquette, Owner at Villa Roquette, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
It is with warmth and happiness I remember your stay with us at Villa Roquette - our trip into the Cevennes - lunch, the weather station and the contrast of the magnificent Millau bridge is a fond memory. We hope you will come back soon and we promise a warm welcome and some new adventures.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I had a lovely Summer break as a guest in Villa Roquette in 2010 with my 3 children and partner. We enjoyed the relaxed and friendly ambience at Villa Roquette as guests of Carole and Tony. We were impressed by both their local and historical knowledge of the Languedoc and surrounding area.
We explored the region extensively from the famous Roman amphitheatre in Nimes to the less well known monsteries and local area of outstanding beauty at Lacs de Salou in the mountains. Montblanc is the perfect base from which to explore. Our appartment was clean and comfortable and our hosts provided us with everything we needed to make us feel at home. Drinks on the terrace in the evening with our hosts was a perfect opportunity to discuss new places to visit and hear about life in France.

Room Tip: All the appartments are charming with diffrent themes
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank christesse
Roquette, Owner at Villa Roquette, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
There is so much to see around us that even after nearly 20 years, we have a long list of places to explore and visits to make - we hope you will return soon so we can share some of the wonders with you.