“Perfectly easy and stress free stay”

Review of BEACHFRONT VILLA

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Southern California
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed December 24, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

My daughter did the proper research to locate accommodations that would best suit our family and her Wedding day. Cosmos was available to us via email as well as phone since we were in the States. My son-in-law is from St. Lucia so we choose to have the most special occasion on his home Island with his family.

I must preface this review with the fact that I am in the Hospitality Industry and have been for the majority of my life... I have stayed in Villas in Mexico prior to this occasion. The location is beautiful, the views spectacular. Chris and Nyah (the on site staff) were friendly and accommodating. When staying on an Island you must remember that there is a "Island" mentality can be seen as laid-back as requests may not be as urgent as you may feel.

The rooms large in space however most restrooms had open ceiling showers so you were exposed to the elements... namely mosquitoes. Unfortunately for me I was bitten at least 25 times by these pesky critters as well as the Sun flies. The bedroom I had on the main level (adjacent to kitchen) was the back one from the ones with ocean views... the windows did not open (due to the air conditioning) and doors must be kept close to keep the air conditioning air cool. My room was connected to the front bedroom facing the ocean so, of course, my in-laws wanted the cool ocean breeze they would leave their doors open and it would shut off the air... leaving me sweltering in my room that had no air circulation and if were to leave the doors open I was bitten by the mosquitoes.

The sheets weren't fitted so more often then not our guests would awake on the mattress not the sheets =/ . I found the towels and sheets to be rough but since that is of little consequence it is only that I mention it for those expecting to have hotel style comfort from their villa stay. Managing expectations is the key to a pleasant stay. Be sure to establish cost of everything up front. Rather it be quoted in EC or USD be sure to have clarifications.

Grocery shopping was expensive. Chris and Nyah will cook for you while you are there if you arrange it so but be sure to let them know the quantity so that it lasts for your stay. The neighbors cats visited us a bit... the doors are open for the air flow in the main living room area but that allows them to come in =} don't leave food out on the counters there were ants and also a bird that likes bananas so be sure to put those items away. There are 2 dogs on site that are very friendly and twice 'Coconut' walked us to 2 different beaches Smugglers Cove and Pigeon Point. If you don't like pets be advised.

My suggestion is that the owner invest in Mosquito nets for the rooms... I would awake out of my sleep scratching from the bites (not relaxing at all) I noticed a few days had passed between my trash can being emptied and the bedroom floor swept but I am not sure how the whole housekeeping schedule works there. In the kitchen food was emptied and spilled on the trash but it wasn't cleaned for a few days attracting ants (again being in the Industry in the States I am more aware than most on particulars such as these) They had wi-fi in the main living room area which was convenient as well. We didn't swim in the pool but it was a nice area just up the steps from the main building. Also Cosmos (the owner) was extremely available for us at all times which was very helpful. We had a wedding reception there for 50ppl. but only 8 guests actually stayed at the Villa. The Caterer that Cosmos arranged for the Wedding did a tremendous job on the feast the local St. Lucians loved the food it was authentic and tasty I believe her name was Barbara. Eating in the local restaurants can be expensive but purchasing enough food for breakfast and lunch would be prudent.

I would recommend Island hopping for sure as the Islands are close and I would say this as an option once you have spent the 2-3 days in St. Lucia. The airport is over 1 1/2 hours away and you need to be there 2 hours before your flight so keep this in mind in ALL things. If your choices are rather to stay at a Villa or a all inclusive resort... do the math, then consider what are your plans for being on the Island... hang out at a beach with cocktails, enjoy amazing cuisine and be isolated from most of the genuine Island life or stay at a home that will be YOUR home for the stay, arrange the tours on your own, have the locals prepare meals for you at your request and deal with the *hiccups of not being in a hotel... It is your choice.

We left plenty of items to enhance event ie; glass Votive Candles, Sea shells and aqua colored glass beads.

Respectfully Reviewed

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View, Friendliness of Staff and spacious accomodations
Liked least: Mosquitoes, at times seemed like quotes were varied, cleanliness of rooms
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
27 Dec 2015
We were please to have hosted the special wedding of Christyl and Andel. Despite the flight cancellations and some maters which was beyond our control, my staff and I were happy to employ all our efforts to realize your special.
Have a great life, and please come back.
ana291
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Perfectly easy and stress free stay”
Reviewed February 23, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I hired this house for a Yoga retreat. I brought 10 students with me and I was able to conduct the classes on the beach just a few steps away and also within the grounds and in the house. Chris was on hand to help us with everything and the catering was very easy to order and they adjusted things slightly to accommodate my wishes. I cannot recommend this house enough it's in a lovely location with places to go to nearby. Everyone is very friendly and happy to help! Great time had by all and would use the property again.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
26 Feb 2015
Oh Ana we missed you guys so much, you were great and we thank you for the privilege to host your Yoga party.
We hope this vacation event will be an annual occurance
Thanks again for visiting us at our beachfront Villa/ Cottage

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
CO
Reviewed January 13, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing