“Simply Amazing!”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I just came back from Paris and stayed at the Hilton La Defense. I was on a business trip conducting a recording session with the L'orchestre Contemporain de Paris and I travelled solo. I'm a female and I have to admit I was worried going alone to Paris. After I went to the hotel I met one of the receptionist David such a nice and caring person. He showed me my room he also applied for a Hilton bonus card for me. He filled all the information alone and sent it to my room within 2 hours. The Hilton is very conveniently located above the metro and taxis are plenty. Also the Quatre Temps just across Cnit has a lot of stores to shop and a food court. I also liked cnit because there is an airfrance office in it and I wanted and pick my boarding pass for my return. I had a relaxation room and it was awesome. My room had a view of the Grand Arch and it was awesome. The TV the safe the bed they were top notch. The bathroom is a treat there's a separate shower and bathtub and the bathtub is equipped with a jacuzzi. I took taxis to the louvre and the Eiffel tower and it's cheap. I paid 15 euros including tip. The CDG airport is a half hour drive and on a Sunday I paid 57 euros and 50 on a weekday including tip. The people who are working at the hotel are so friendly from the doorman to the cleaning ladies. On my check out in the morning i met another lady at the reception she was also so nice!!Fantastic staff! I really like the French people they made me feel welcome and safe. I can't wait to go back and stay longer. Jennifer Athena

• Stayed March 2012
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear StyloRouge,

This is with real pleasure that I have read your feedback following your stay with us. Indeed, we are pleased to note that you enjoyed being with us and that we met your expectations.

Rest assured that your kind comments have been passing on to David and the entire Team as it represents a great source of motivation for each and everyone of us.

Dear StyloRouge, all team look forward to welcoming you back. In the meantime, should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Stephane.mercier@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This hotel is wonderful, beautiful, comfortable, quiet, and has an international staff that could not have been more helpful. Rooms are huge, beds are lovely, bathrooms are totally updated even with a deep bathtub. If I could take this hotel and put it inside Paris it would be perfect. The location, while interesting, is a 20 minute Metro ride into the city. Not awful, but not exactly like walking out the door into a Parisian neighborhood. The tall buildings in this business district are something to see...architecture is wonderful and so unlike Paris. There are numerous sculptures in La Defense to see and the Grande Arche is another very interesting sight.
There is a mall attached to the hotel with shops I do not know in the U.S. as well as a nice Monoprix grocery store and even a Health Food grocery. Unfortunately, the mall closes at 8 p.m.
Also, be aware that the windows in the room, while large, overlook sort of an atriem area. No noise, but no outdoor lighting either.
I do recommend this hotel but know that you are not "in" Paris. If that is important to you, stay elsewhere. When you head back from Paris in the evening, it will be quiet in La Defense.

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are lovely however they never do get very cool. Temps are warm in the roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank auvoir
Dear auvoir,

I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Despite our hotel location, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

Further to your comment regarding the air conditioning in your room, on a future visit, please do contact our reception team, they will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back here at the Hilton Paris La Défense.

Rhondda
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton La Defense on my Honey Moon trip to Paris. The location of the hotel is at the Grande Arche the Business district of Paris is very good its not smack bang in the center of Paris but around 3 Metro stops from the Chans A Lise, which is very convenient as the metro entrance is literally outside the door of the hotel.

The Hotel is situated within the walls of a shopping center with no external windows (which is a bit odd). the decor of the hotel is based around different shades of orange which is very nice, there is an onsite restaurant and bar which serves Delicious cocktails. The breakfast buffet provided both european and English items and was very good.. The room was of very good standard providing a a flat screen TV and the usual amenities.

The Service of the Hotel is outstanding everyone speaking English and very helpful at all times. Upon arriving in our room we received a knock at the door and it was a complimentary bottle of Heidsieck champagne (Around £100 a bottle) and chocolates. This was a wonderful touch as it was our Honeymoon.

Will be back very very good hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gavlaa12
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear gavlaa12,

All team join me to thank you for your kind comments. Indeed, we are very pleased to hear that everybody here participated in making a memorable experience for such a great and important occasion for you.

We all do look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Hilton Paris La Défense.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Even upgraded us to relaxation room for £20 extra. Very friendly staff. Fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Harish_1973,

I sincerely thank you for having taken the time to complete an on-line guest survey following your stay with us.

We are happy to hear you liked our Relaxation room and that our team met your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton La Defense on a short notice trip to Paris. The train takes you directly to the Hotel, just up the steps from the station at La Defense. The service was wonderful, they desk staff spoke english and was helpful in providing information on the subway and trains. The breakfast buffet provided both european and american items and was very good. The croissants were to die for, caution, don't eat too many... the melt in your mouth. The american style room was great providing a powerful hair dryer and the usual amenities. Only a 20 minute subway ride to the Louvre.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Roxmpls,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to both the Management and Staff. Our Chef was pleased to see that his croissants were to your satisfaction.

Dear Roxmpls, we all look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in town.

Larbert, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed here prior to a conference at CNIT.

The room was massive and well decorated with a fine bathroom.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Hopstepper,

Thank you very much for your comments following your stay with us in November. All our Guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

Further to your note about our room rate, please note that indeed the month of November was a busy period for our hotel with very high demand. Therefore our rates were higher than usual.
For a future stay in Paris, do not hesitate to contact us directly at parisladefense.reservations@hilton.com.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Paris was better then what I heard about.too romantic place but unfortunately the hotel Hilton paris la defance I choose because of brand Hilton & hotels locationAl advantage,it's got metro from the same block & has a mall in the same block,but the hotel doesn't have a warmth in hospitality & was under repair & renovation work creating disturbances.at a star hotel we expect our baggages to be handled by their staff to the lobby from the door , wherein we had to do the same.our few stuff were missing & when we informed to reception they got some from house keeping & still some missing.rooms are average.

• Stayed February 2012
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Suniltitan,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Paris.

It is with regret that I take note that your experience at our property was not to your expectations, for which I sincerely apologise. Indeed, at all times, we strive to exceed Guest expectations.

Further to any disturbance caused by our rooms works, kindly note that these will finish very soon now.

I have also observed your remark regarding our luggage service and would like to assure you that this is indeed unacceptable. Rest assured that this is discussed with our Front Office Manager in order to take corrective actions.

At last, I understand that you left our property without several belongings. I would be most appreciative if you could contact us in order to check again with our Housekeeping department.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may need.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
1.2 km away
Novotel Paris La Defense
Novotel Paris La Defense
#6 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!