“One of the best restaurant experiences we have had with the family”
Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Bristol, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurant experiences we have had with the family”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Although we didn't stay at the hotel as we were staying with family, I booked a family meal in the restaurant for my Dad's 80th Birthday celebration. I was not familiar with the hotel or restaurant as I live a long way away, and I found it on the internet. It looked like the type of place which would be special, cosy, had the right sort of menu to appeal to ages 11 to 80, and I liked the fact that they had some special offers on for January to make the bill manageable too! We were not disappointed. The welcome was lovely - we sat by the log fire with a drink and looked through the menus, and the staff had made up a birthday card for my Dad which was a really thoughtful touch. When we went through to the restaurant we were given a beautifully laid table in the bay window and the staff were, without exception, outstanding, attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The food was also outstanding. When I booked the staff were careful to tell me that there would be a wedding on the same evening, as they were concerned that we may find it too busy or noisy, but I had thought that it may add to the atmosphere anyway. I was right about this - there were wedding guests milling around and we could hear the disco, but the music was tasteful (it was a bit like having background music that you felt like singing along to) but none of this disturbed us and not once did we feel like we were any less important as guests. My Dad is still telling everyone about what a fab time he had, and he wants to go back for Sunday lunch or afternoon tea, and we would definitely go back when we have the opportunity. Recommended without any hesitation!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I can only think that Kevin H has reviewed the wrong hotel. I have stayed twice and my mum's friends have stayed after my recommendation. The hotel is lovely. Very well made out and in incredible grounds. The staff where very friendly and made us verey welcome. I will be booking another stay at this hotel and I am currently thinking about holding my wedding there (if its not too expensive).

Room Tip: Great rooms and a lovely staircase on enrty to them .
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
FSCWirral, General Manager at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Phil Thanks for your review and your comments about other reviewers!! I’m glad to see that you have enjoyed your visits to the hotel and have recommended us too. We work hard to ensure our guests feel welcomed and very special during their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Oh and speaking of weddings we have some great offers on for this summer think drinks reception on the terrace and photos in the beautiful gardens. Or winter time, Christmas decorations, roaring log fire and mulled wine!
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

From out arrival - greeted with complimentary sherry and mince pie - until we checked out after brunch on New Year's Day, we had a fantastic time.

The hotel was beautifully decorated, warm and welcoming. The room we were allocated was comfortable and nicely furnished, although very compact. The bathroom was well fitted and supplied with fluffy towels and Moulton Brown toiletries. Housekeeping throughout the hotel was first-class.

Now to the evening. We were treated to Kir Royal and canapes before being shown to our table where we enjoyed an excellent dinner, well-served by efficient and friendly staff. After dinner a disco was provided. Haggis, neeps and tatties and bacon rolls were provided at midnight.

A self-service buffet brunch was provided on New Year's Day.

Did we have a good time, yes, it was so good we've already made a provisional booking for New Year's Eve 2012.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your great informative review, I’m delighted you had a fabulous time returning to Inglewood Manor. I think you’re returning to us again this week too!! I’m glad we could look after you again and thank you for the recommendations you are making each time you return by bringing friends with you, long may it continue!!
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed at inglewood manor with a red letter day voucher. Hotel was lovely, food was amazing and staff were really helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2012
Thanks for the lovely review, glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we’ll be welcoming you back soon! :)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I needed to be in close range of Birkenhead on the evening of 22 December 2011 to be near the Ferry terminal to Ireland, for a ferry the next morning

I went on line to find a B and B in the area. I e mailed three Vendors.

One replied after three days to say they were full and I am still waiting for a reply from the others. Thanks Wirral.

Late rooms popped up with the Inglewood Manor at a very attractive single room price. I didnt pay much attention to the description of the Hotel--a room for the night was the requirement.

When I arrived at the entrance to the Park in which the Inglewood Manor was located I thought I was in the wrong place.

I parked at the front of the Hotel and went in to check that I had a reservation.

As I entered the front door I was stunned by what I saw. Now I knew why it was called a Manor. Yes they were waiting for me. I was still totally bemused by my incredibly lucky find.

I checked in and the Reception Staff were excellent and I felt very mich at home.

My single room was EXCELLENT.

I had pre dinner drinks in the Bar and the young Bar Waiter told me about the history of the place and then brought me a written potted history to keep. I also sat in the Lounge areas just to absorb the delight of the period of the Manors construction -- and the roaring open Fire.

It was semi busy at 7 30 pm but everything was being done bythe staff in a quiet and relaxing manner.

My Evening meal was superb with smooth professional and attentive service.

After a great nights sleep and rest I had a light but very enjoyable breakfast paid my bill and was given a reassuring thank you and farewell.

I did write to the Manager afterwards to say that after a lifetime of Business travel I would put the Inglewood in the top ten of my best Hotel experiences

I also said Iwas made to feel I was a Guest and not just a Room occupant.

Go and enjoy it. I will certainly return for a longer stay.

Denis Findlay

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Denis, it was also lovely to receive your letter and thank you for sharing your experience on here. I’m delighted we exceeded your expectations and we’re exceptionally proud of being in your Top Ten hotel experiences after many years of business travel. We hope to welcome you back for a longer leisure trip!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I was married on 23 December 2011 and chose Inglewood Manor for our celebration lunch. Although this was obviously an exceptionally busy time of year for the hotel, we felt as if we were the sole guests in the hotel.

We had a wonderfully relaxing and comfortable meal with our families and have received many comments, congratulating us on our choice of venue. We waved goodbye and retired to a very comfortable bedroom to collapse after our big day.

Thank you.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Congratulations! I’m delighted you had a lovely celebration lunch here with family and friends hopefully we’ll see you back here before your anniversary!
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Inglewood Manor was the venue for our daughter's wedding on 10 December and was the ideal setting for a winter wedding, with a Christmas touch. The hotel is a beautiful building set in lovely grounds and its natural attractiveness was perfectly complimented by the very tasteful Christmas decorations and especially the 13 ft high tree located next to the ornate oak staircase in the foyer. The hotel catered for 93 guests at the wedding breakfast and more than 130 for the evening reception and the quality of the food and service was faultless. The whole day was extremely well orchestrated by the hotel toast master and his team and the feedback we have had from our guests has been fantastic. The only drawback was that the beautiful Ledsham Room could only accommodate 70 people for the civil ceremony, but we would have no hesitation in recommending Inglewood as a wedding venue.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thanks for your informative review; it’s lovely to see you all had such a fabulous day. The building is beautiful already but it looks even better at Christmas time with the huge tree in reception and the log fire. The team work really hard to ensure you and your guests have a wonderful day and it’s great when guests comment on this. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
1.4 km away
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,054 reviews

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!