Although we didn't stay at the hotel as we were staying with family, I booked a family meal in the restaurant for my Dad's 80th Birthday celebration. I was not familiar with the hotel or restaurant as I live a long way away, and I found it on the internet. It looked like the type of place which would be special, cosy, had the right sort of menu to appeal to ages 11 to 80, and I liked the fact that they had some special offers on for January to make the bill manageable too! We were not disappointed. The welcome was lovely - we sat by the log fire with a drink and looked through the menus, and the staff had made up a birthday card for my Dad which was a really thoughtful touch. When we went through to the restaurant we were given a beautifully laid table in the bay window and the staff were, without exception, outstanding, attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The food was also outstanding. When I booked the staff were careful to tell me that there would be a wedding on the same evening, as they were concerned that we may find it too busy or noisy, but I had thought that it may add to the atmosphere anyway. I was right about this - there were wedding guests milling around and we could hear the disco, but the music was tasteful (it was a bit like having background music that you felt like singing along to) but none of this disturbed us and not once did we feel like we were any less important as guests. My Dad is still telling everyone about what a fab time he had, and he wants to go back for Sunday lunch or afternoon tea, and we would definitely go back when we have the opportunity. Recommended without any hesitation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inglewood Manor is a delightful Edwardian country house nestling in the heart of 38 acres of exquisite grounds. Built in 1915, the Grade 2 listed hotel retains all the charm and warmth of a lavish family home, with elegant rooms, spacious terraces and acres of manicured lawns. All twenty nine luxurious en-suite bedrooms have individual charm and offer glorious views of the grounds. Surrounded by fantastic attractions, with fishing, walking and tennis in the grounds we provide an idyllic retreat. A team of award-winning chefs displays flair and creativity, ensuring every meal is a memorable dining experience, and friendly, responsive staff guarantee the warmest of welcomes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inglewood Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inglewood Manor Hotel Ledsham
- Inglewood Manor Chester
- Inglewood Manor Hotel Chester