See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 27, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for one week from the first of July. Shops and restaurents are nearby. Room was clean but not as we expected and seen in the photos. Management is not that customer reliable. Recommend only for a short stay as it is near to airport.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roshen S
Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

stayed for an overnight....was pleasant! shops and restaurants are nearby which is really an advantage.... I asked for transfers which was arranged and was really nice on behalf of Ali.. will surely come again... thanks...

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank varsha c
Ali2308, General Manager at Hotel Elite Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2015

Dear Varsha,

on behalf of Hotel Elite inn I am very grateful to you for your kind review & positive remarks about my company. we really enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon again.
Moreover, since you are the part of Elite inn loyalty club now therefore, i proudly present you a free night stay at elite inn upon your next visit to maldives & free use of Spa Services .(Terms & Conditions Apply).
Have a nice time ahead.

Best Regards,
Ali Meerza

Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

As we checked-in, the manager made us to sit and a staff served us welcome drink. (Great service)!

My ID was asked and after registration I have paid additional money than the booking.com asked me to pay. An additional of MVR. around 250/-. (I am fine with that as it was a holiday for my family)!

End of the transaction, the manager informed me that they are giving us a room from THEIR next building as out preferred type of room is not in that hotel itself. (Why should I worry if I still get a room type I have requested)!

We were put in a mini van that took us about a ride of 5-8 minutes and dropped us at a hotel named City Beach. (To me this was a ridiculous surprise as the hotel was quite old, smelly, contained furniture with fungus etc.)

At the end of the journey, I asked City Beach staff if it belonged to Elite Inn group & the staff replied that there does not exist any connection between the 2. (What a pleasant service?)

If I was treated this way, I sure they would not be reluctant to another paying customer! So, be aware, chaps!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Maamigili I
Ali2308, Manager at Hotel Elite Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2015

Dear Sir,

First of i appreciate your time to write your comments about us and i am very sorry for the inconvenience that you faced, if any.

Your comments are very important for us because by this we rectify our mistakes and do our best services to the clients.

Regarding the subjected issue, i officially let you know that city beach is our sister company and we have 5 in this island, your fault is you are asking this question to the Room boy who can not understand english and is not trained to communicate with the guest(s) regarding the policy matters. so next time where ever you stay please ask the policy matters / questions with the authorized personnel only so you will get the right answer.

regarding the standard of the vehicle, as you arrived without any notification of flight details and calling us from the airport at 0345 hrs in the morning, i think my staff did well to arrange at least some vehicle at that time since we are not informed by you prior about your flight details.

Regarding the hotel standard, i must say that our hotel is nice and clean and we just renovated it in February 2015 and we do keep the hygiene standards and have implicated very strong policy for maintaining clean and clear atmosphere with in our property.

still i apologize for your bad experience, but do remember while you making a booking to a hotel that which category of rooms you are selecting because the property you booked was a strictly budget hotel for transit purpose thats why you just paid 35$ night only next time you can book in our 3 star property with the same name and the room rate is only 170$ per night but to compensate your bad experience i will offer you a 40% discount on our basic room rent.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2015

The hotel is good. We stayed there only for 1 night before our flight to Malaysia. The hotel is clean, well located close to a wonderful beach, the staff is concerned about the guests. They arranged our dinner and didn't charge us for that. It was ok from them. The wifi is ok only in the common areas. It doesn't work properly inside the rooms, but it's not a big deal at all.

Room Tip: Nothing specific
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2015

Actual room differs from photos here. Nothing but just an overnight hotel. We had to wait for our room for about half an hour upon arrival because there was obviously some maintenance work going on about 11pm Male time. We were brought to the reception area though with wifi access.

Overall ordinary overnight hotel. The room facility & breakfast could be better. service is ok.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple