“Excellent food, great ambience”

Caramel Restaurant & Lounge - Muscat
Ranked #49 of 494 Restaurants in Muscat
Price range: US$23 - US$78
Description: Caramel Restaurant & Lounge Muscat, at the Opera Galleri is a sophisticated contemporary-American restaurant perfect for a quick bite or business lunch. By night, Caramel Restaurant & Lounge transforms into an exciting and energetic ultra-lounge serving flavorful decadent plates and offering a full-service bar; ideal for unwinding with co-workers or a fun filled night with close friends.
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Me and some friends did the Caramel brunch, the food was delicious but the service could improve. for example just speed things up a little, quite often we were waiting for replacement drinks. The prices are quite expensive normally, but I think the brunch offers excellent value. would go again!

1  Thank TE311
Mihiran W, Marketing Manager at Caramel Restaurant & Lounge - Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you TE311 for your review. We are glad that you had a memorable dining experience with us. Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Amazing food and exellent staff.
Lobster tacos and the shrimp coctail-WOW!
The tenderloin with fries-OMG best steak I have EVER had!
Very service minded. My new favourite restaurant in Muscat.

1  Thank HenrietteSteen

Thank you HenrietteSteen for your review. We are glad that you had a memorable dining experience with us. Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 8, 2017

Definitely "Caramel" is on my top visit places whether for night out or for business meeting. My business partners loved this place, me and my friends will be your guests as often as possible: Royal Opera is super, food was amazing and the staff... never in Oman you will find staff treating you like that. Best service ever. First, you'll fall in love with charming smiles of Alina, Caroline and Yulia - so kind, so friendly! Then professional hospitality manners of lady with beautiful name Chika will make you forget your are there just a guest and just for a while. From now on "Caramel" is my favourite place in Muscat!

2  Thank jamesbern

Thank you jamesharrison2017 for your review. We are glad that you had a memorable dining experience with us. Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Took few friends there for lunch when Caramel had the 15 OMR set menu option. The food is tasty and well prepared and presented. Most of the food options were bite size food. Such
as the mac and cheese, the sliders, the tacos. So it didn’t look pleasing or quantifiable when it was all served at once. As it felt like we had gone there to fill ourselves on bite size snacky food (this option may work really well if you are planning for a evening drinking sesh).

Though the atmosphere is incredible. The service is top notch. Every now and then the manager would pop by to make sure things were okay.

Big props to the manager as I loved their quinoa salad so much that he packed boxes of salad for us and also, accommodated 2 of my friends with complimentary dessert of their amazing key lime cheesecake. Hence the top notch service from the entire team. TBH I am someone who enjoys eating out but also wants value for money, these small actions of service and care goes long way with me. And gets me to come back over and over again. Hope their service doesn’t change, because at the end of the day we did pay 15 OMR per head for “snack food”.

Tip - Design your menu in such a so it feels like a proper luncheon. Your 15 OMR endless food menu can be easily spread out into 5 course meal. Also, introduce rice/risotto and pasta or thinly sliced fillet steak, tiny lamb chops dishes in the set menu. OR lower your prices by 3 OMR and tax included.

1  Thank Nikita S

Thank you Nikita S for your review and valuable feedback. We are glad that you had a memorable dining experience with us. Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Been here several times over the last couple of months. I think it is supposed to be trendy as it is very dark - almost too dark really.

They do good tnt prawns and the shashimi flatbread is very good. Had a beef ragu but it was way too salty. In fact each time I have been there is usually one dish that I don’t think is up to the mark compared to others.

Presentation is always excellent. Service good and you can get decent wine by the glass.

Expensive by Muscat standards

1  Thank Syd M

Thank you Syd M for your review and valuable feedback. We are glad that you had a memorable dining experience with us. Looking forward to serving you again soon!