All reviewsmichelin star restaurantchateauneuf du papehotel restaurantentreeslavendervineyardsgarrigueavignongarden
Reviewed August 2, 2015

Maintained to the highest standards, very friendly and welcoming, lovely pool area. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, well appointed.
Food, both dinner and breakfast was excellent.
Apart from the wifi connection dropping frequently, our stay was close to perfect. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Les Collectionneurs
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This is our second time visiting Serge Chenet's amazing restaurant. The food is sublime, the service is excellent and the waiters are very accommodating of my limited French. The views over the lavender fields at sunset is fantastic. We had the five course meal and it was beautifully prepared and presented. The wine pairing with regional wines was a highlight. Serge takes the time to great all of his guests each evening which I appreciate. My two girls ages 7 and 10 enjoyed the wonderfully prepared "kids menu" too.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed July 27, 2014

If one dreams of a B and B in Provence, the Entre Vigne et Garrigue will fulfill your every dream. Not only are the rooms 5 star plus, add a Michelin star chef as owner and expect a gourmet dinner you would only get in Paris. Watching the sun set over the lavender fields of Provence made a perfect stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been there many times, probably 4,5 times or more and I am always extremely satisfied by the service, the food, the atmosphere, the value for money..
I grew up just around the corner from this restaurant and living in London you would pay 3 times the prices for the equivalent in the English capital!
I would recommend to everyone and I can't wait to go back next time i'm in France!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having booked this hotel six months previous to the night of our arrival in France at the start of our holiday, we were naturally looking forward to it. The welcome, when we arrived early evening having got lost in the midst of Avignon's road works and diversions, was less than warm: a brusque 'Why did you not telephone?' from Madame. The dinner that evening was set up on the terrace outside; we were shown to a table downwind/breeze from two other tables, both of which had smokers. In not very good French, I asked if they had a no-smoking section, a request which appeared to confuse and amaze both Madame and the manager/head waiter. There was no No Smoking section. We were given to understand that as we were outside, smoking was allowed at all the tables. We moved tables which improved matters somewhat until a large French family arrived with the obligatory heavy smoking father. Thus the aroma of fresh ingredients and herbs about which M.Chenet waxes lyrical on his website was given the extra waft of exhaled cigarette smoke.
The food is good, occasionally brilliant and creative but my petit bouillabaisse was lukewarm, greyish and not particularly flavourful. Unforgiveable given the praise heaped upon this chef/patron. The service, probably as a result of our being 'awkward' in complaining about the smoking, was stiff. The manager/head waiter (who also settled our bill the following morning) was particularly unpleasant. We left no tip and were glad to be leaving. This is a very beautiful location, the room was immaculate and the experience should have been memorable. It was, but not for the right reasons. Disappointing indeed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple