All reviews new owners swimming pool charming hotel hidden gem first floor local produce surrounding area breakfast was amazing loire wines comfortable beds pleasant courtyard easy parking home made cakes home from home family room quiet street homemade jams
Reviewed September 3, 2016

My wife and I stopped here for a night on our way home from Spain en route for Eurotunnel.

Very friendly family-run hotel with a good pool and garden in the very quiet village of Tavers. We enjoyed an excellent Dinner and very good breakfast.

Room Tip: Probably a garden view is preferable.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

This was a charming break on my journey home. The owners were the friendliest people I've ever met in a hotel situation. They were attentive and incredibly helpful. They should be extremely proud of their staff too, all of whom reflected the outstanding and welcoming feel of the place. As we had a car full of 'stuff' the secure parking meant I slept well. We had a garden room on the first floor. It overlooked pretty gardens, the pool and the outside tables in a courtyard . We were lucky , the sky was cloudless and it was over 30 degrees. The restaurant catered happily for vegetarians which is quite unusual in France, in my experience. The room itself was a good size with pretty fresh furnishings (we were in room 22) and blissfully it had a bath! Wonderful! I slept like a log and awoke at 8am to the gentle tinkling ,through my open window, of teaspoons stirring cups of tea/ coffee!! I woul love to go back. Thank you so much

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2016

Lovely lovely hotel. We have tried many Logis over the years, and with two small boys always looking for good stopovers half way to holiday Gites. This is the 10 out of 10.
Pool is wonderful, restaurant very good local grub, and the two young owners very keen. We had our Labrador who was made welcome. Lovely walks in the village by the medieval washing font by the stream. Parking is non existent outside the hotel, so ask to book parking in their quaint courtyard. To get in the owner opened these huge old monastery like gates, was like entering a majical and wonderful world.
Just a lively old fashioned and oasis of charm.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2016

However often we come back, La Tonnellerie never fails to charm and impress us. Beautiful garden and pool, lovely family rooms, excellent food and service. Having dinner and breakfast outside on the terrace is sheer bliss. Love it!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Our family loved our one night stay at La Tonnellerie. Our 2 bedroom suite was very large with 1.5 bathrooms and large bedrooms. We were right off the back patio, which is a lovely oasis. The pool was very well kept and a nice refresh after a hot day. Best of all was the restaurant, which was the only option in town and a wonderful surprise. Everything was made in-house, and completely delicious. They even offered a very nice children's menu. The staff was friendly, accommodating and spoke wonderful English. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: suites recommended for families
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family