All reviews gourmet food dinner menu main building room key shining clean park like setting large balcony great spa pedestrianised area our waiter turkish bath other hotels indoor pool half board thermal water prosecco procedure
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

I loved my week in the hotel with my parents. The food was excellent even when on a 600 calories diet, the gardens extremely well kept, the service impeccable always with a smile, the mud treatment a dream, the Italian shops surrounding the hotel, the many musical events
WiFi can be improved but then again why do you need it on a detox vacation?

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2018

This was a first visit to Abano with main expectation being mud treatments. Stayed in the main building room which was a good size room with a large balcony overlooking the central pedestrian street lined with shops. Decent size bathroom with shower over tub with curtain. Beautiful grounds and SPA area with a lot of procedures. Selected a half board (dinner) as wanted to avoid monotony of the same restaurant for 14 days.
Naturally, Italian style dinner menu with antipasto, pasta dish or soup, second course. In addition, an excellent fresh salad buffet, breads selection, fruit selection and desert table. The only additional thing to buy is water and wine. I can not call it a "gourmet food" restaurant as the meat dishes were just a very average quality cuts ( in my view at least). Our waiter did not speak English but managed well. You will be assigned the same table for the duration of your stay, so you will come to the remainder of you wine/water if did not finish the previous night. Good service overall. Front desk staff is mostly welcoming and helpful. As always everyone has its own personality. Try to avoid visiting from May 1- May 10 as this is vacation period in some countries and the hotel becomes very busy. We are looking forward to include GH Trieste and Victoria in our next year two months of travel in Europe.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2018

I went to Grand Hotel Triste & Victoria several times. This place is always wonderful is magic. In the winter is possible to use the swimming pool inside with the thermal water and also outside. The ambient is so quite and relaxing. The staff is very polite and the service is great. There are big rooms with gorgeous chandelieres and a very nice furniture, The rooms and in general the gotel is very clean.
The food is delicious at least the italian cousin is the best cousin in the world. They have different beauty treatment for body and face for men and women. A tried a a relaxing therapy and massage that is called "5 senses" and is really unique. You should try it.
If you had never been in itali you must go there and you must go to this hotel.
I promise that you will thank me for the advice.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Its time to renew my last review of Grand hotel Trieste - I do it with pleasure. The old part was renovated. White shining ultra modern bathroom. Room are extra large with high ceiling.
The spa and pools have crystal clear water and ultra clean surroundings. Gourmet food and should you have any special request, the stuff will be happy to meet any of your desire.
The staff keeps its high standard of service approach. Begin with Mr. Mirco at reservation stage who showed a lot of patience and was willing to follow with any need. End with the maitre d who greet me personally by my name ( i have no idea, how he knows my name).
Only two minor items:
The bath towels are big enough but very thin and not fluffy
In some rooms the TV is stored inside the closet, which is a bit odd. However those minor issues should not effect your decision for making a reservation.
Go for it!.

Room Tip: o 207 has a balcony looking to the main pedestrian street. It may be noisy during season. Due to public shows. A more quiet roomis 205
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Eitanivan
Reviewed May 29, 2018

This is the fifth visit to Abano and we have changed hotel each year, but the Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria is certainly the best of all: The location is very central and offers shaded outside parking. It has a brand new "White Spa" offering all the treatments you want, has several outdoor (one at a lower temperature for real swimming in a park-like setting offering many sun decks so you do not feel like being in a crowded place although the hotel was quite full. I has one indoor pool, the fitness room is well equipped (getting warm inside as there is no air conditioning). We stayed in a re-decorated room which was quite big, had a very good bathroom with a large shower. I recommend full -board, they offer a nice variety at lunch and dinner always complemented with huge buffets for salads and desserts. The service is very good. Compared to the other hotels we stayed in the previous years, the atmosphere was calmer and I certainly liked the absence of the "industrial chain" staccato treatment experienced in the other places. Also, the other guests were a bit more elegant and dressed up for dinner. We will definitively return!

Room Tip: Ask for a re-furbished room!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple